Anyone else decided in advance NOT getting the Note 8?

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Disappointed as hell and keeping my Note 5

I partly agree with #1 . I like the aspect of S8, I thought the note 7 was awesome and I want an s-pen. If the note 8 has at least all the software features of the 7, with it's bigger screen then it sounds good. Can I get my head around that stupid fps placement on the back (I'd rather they left a physical home button/fps on the front & plz no hump😜) and that less than stellar sounding battery? I don't know. I will not pre order this time round but will play long and hard when they're in the shops and after I've read about battery performance.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

I've said the same thing with every new Note phone - the rumors sound like not enough improvement, but, once released, each has been much better than I ever expected. I really need to see what the final Note 8 phone size is - I haven't gotten a sense if it's narrower than the Note 7/FE. If it is, I think I'd prefer the FE. I was in love with the Note 7 - not sure it will be available in the US, so, it may be a no-brainer.

Zulfigar

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Screen resolution is still TBA (haven't heard of actually reassurance it's going to be the same resolution as the S8 or better), and can't really say just about the dual lense tech as there's about 3-5 different does camera set ups out there in the masses, so not too sure which one Samsung is shooting for. Now, I do agree, 3200 mAh is a bummer, but the sPen had to take away from something, so hopefully the extra 2 GB of RAM helps with the battery life (although, as a S8+ owner, I do enjoy how the SD835 sips battery life, so that helps).

There is still some information that even leaks can't come out with, and we're less than two months away, and I'm betting there's more to the phone than we know.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Would be much easier to accept Note 8 if there's no S8+
Listen, I agree with this, but if you are a Note user that can't live without an spen, you should have not bought an S8 Plus.

So, Note fans should compare note 5 to note 8. If you do, you will see what crazy of an upgrade that is.

* 835 processor
* infinity display with a much bigger screen and almost same profile
* enhanced Spen
* Bigger battery
* Expandable storage
* Water resistance
* better camera (duel camera if rumors are correct)
* More RAM if rumors are correct
* Better finger print scanner (location debateble, but better accuracy)

Honest to God, I don't know what the heck Note fans are complaining about. Cause if you are, you are still using Note 5 and you SHOULD be excited about Note 8.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Listen, I agree with this, but if you are a Note user that can't live without an spen, you should have not bought an S8 Plus.

So, Note fans should compare note 5 to note 8. If you do, you will see what crazy of an upgrade that is.

* 835 processor
* enhanced Spen
* Bigger battery
* Expandable storage
* Water resistance

Honest to God, I don't know what the heck Note fans are complaining about. Cause if you are, you are still using Note 5 and you SHOULD be excited about Note 8.

I'm excited.
Things happened that I couldn't get the Note 7 everyone raved about. So I want the Note 8.

My list has 3 additional items (I missed a few of yours, so thanks again).

*Future software updates that the Note 5 may not get, and earlier (the newest phones always seem to get them first). Who knows if and when the Note 5 will receive Android Oreo 8.0 update. Stories vary.
*Note 7 features my Note 5 doesn't have
*S8 and S8+ features the Note 5 doesn't have

I actually like the FPS in the back since I have a little stand at work that covers the front bottom on my Note 5.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I agree. No 4K Display, no Dual Speakers, not even that Slow Mo effect sony has. The Note FE is way more interesting than the Note 8.
So there is no dual speaker?? On some renders I saw one on the top and one on the bottom.

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

I'm still disappointed, this still is not enough. This was supposed to GREATLY improve upon the Note 7, not to make us have to talk ourselves into this phone. This is just a S8+ on steriods. Not enough, here are my good and bad thoughts.

Dual camera.....ok but i'm not ansel adams. I don't give a damn about selfies. I just want to take pics of my dog, sunsets, my woman, and funny stuff. I'm not going to be in national geographic any time soon. Cool concept but they are relying on this waaaaay too much because this will probably be a standard feature on all future Samsung phones ( and was considered for the S8's but they saved it to make the Note stand out......please) and will be improved upon in those iterations. Meh is my bottom line.

Improved S Pen...I like this as I use it a ton. Not a deal breaker though.

Fingerprint scanner....."Better" location but still bad. I use it all the time on my 5. Listen to your customers Samsung! I too would rather have a physical home button. I'm not worried about a tiny bit more screen. Expand the top of the screen and leave the bottom alone.

Dual Spearker....If this had it, it would be awesome but it appears it won't. Therefore....Boooooo!

4k?......who cares. My family isn't going to be huddled around my phone on a Saturday night watching the newest releases. Bottomline....irrelevant.

Water resistant......much needed but it's a basic feature on every phone these days.

Expandable memory.....much needed but still a standard feature again on newer phones.

Increased Ram......"ok" but my note works fine.

Curved screen.......HORRIBLE! Terrible concept for something that is supposed to used for writing on. I see me slipping off the screen all the time while writing. Stupid. It's ok samsung if you make the Note look different from the S lines. Hell it isn't even called an S so it SHOULD be different.

Battery......ugh smaller. This should have the most improved function of the note since the debacle. Great it won't blow up but it should be amazingly longer lasting and removable! Boooooo!

Bixby......what a waste.

Bigger processor......super cool if you are a super nerd. I'm not and I don't care.

That's all I can think of now. Just not enough.......

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm still disappointed, this still is not enough. This was supposed to GREATLY improve upon the Note 7, not to make us have to talk ourselves into this phone. This is just a S8+ on steriods. Not enough, here are my good and bad thoughts.

Dual camera.....ok but i'm not ansel adams. I don't give a damn about selfies. I just want to take pics of my dog, sunsets, my woman, and funny stuff. I'm not going to be in national geographic any time soon. Cool concept but they are relying on this waaaaay too much because this will probably be a standard feature on all future Samsung phones ( and was considered for the S8's but they saved it to make the Note stand out......please) and will be improved upon in those iterations. Meh is my bottom line.

Fingerprint scanner....."Better" location but still bad. I use it all the time on my 5. Listen to your customers Samsung! I too would rather have a physical home button. I'm not worried about a tiny bit more screen. Expand the top of the screen and leave the bottom alone.

Dual Spearker....If this had it, it would be awesome but it appears it won't. Therefore....Boooooo!

4k?......who cares. My family isn't going to be huddled around my phone on a Saturday night watching the newest releases. Bottomline....irrelevant.

Water resistant......much needed but it's a basic feature on every phone these days.

Expandable memory.....much needed but still a standard feature again on newer phones.

Curved screen.......HORRIBLE! Terrible concept for something that is supposed to used for writing on. I see me slipping off the screen all the time while writing. Stupid. It's ok samsung if you make the Note look different from the S lines. Hell it isn't even called an S so it SHOULD be different.

Battery......ugh smaller. This should have the most improved function of the note since the debacle. Great it won't blow up but it should be amazingly longer lasting and removable! Boooooo!

Bixby......what a waste.

Bigger processor......super cool if you are a super nerd. I'm not and I don't care.

Well awesome. Your decision is clear. Keep your Note 5 and all is well.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm still disappointed, this still is not enough. This was supposed to GREATLY improve upon the Note 7, not to make us have to talk ourselves into this phone. This is just a S8+ on steriods.

They haven't "GREATLY" improved phones from one to the next in years, because there isn't much to improve upon. Sure lots of features we would like, but some aren't doable just yet.

Also, a lot you listed aren't ever going to come back.

I guess you'll be happy to stay with your Note 5 or buy the S8+.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

* 835 processor
* enhanced Spen
* Bigger battery
* Expandable storage
* Water resistance

This

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Bixby......what a waste.

I'd hate to see a phone you designed

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: The Latest Render at the Galaxy Note 8 paints an ugly Picture!

Well, you know the camera hump similar on the V20 and the mess that caused with the camera easily breaking, even with thick cases on it.

Actually we have 2 v20s, both in cases and both have been dropped , no damage to cameras. I am not sure what mess but I have no experience with Crack or breakage.
Just curious

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

* 835 processor
* enhanced Spen
* Bigger battery
* Expandable storage
* Water resistance

Ya, I guess ultimately it depends on the price of Note 8, if it is close to S8+, then there's no issue at all. But if it differs by USD150+/-, it will really become a dilemma.

On one hand you really want to get the Note 8 with spen, but right beside it, there is an almost identical device without the spen but cheaper by $150 or even more by the time Note 8 is launched.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37