Anyone else having issues with email notifications

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I have tried to get Gmail and my other email notifications to work in a timely manner. For Gmail I have signed out, cleared cache and data then restarted phone then added back. I have gone in the battery section to make sure it doesn't put to sleep. Notifications aren't showing up for either emails. I have to wake the screen a vast majority of time, sometimes for a notification it can take 15 minutes. I have spent well over 3 hours to make this work better. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. Open to suggestions. Does Outlook work better than Gmail in this regard. I can't be missing or constantly having to open my phone or app to make sure I'm getting notifications. Sorry for the long reply. Thanks

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any problems with Gmail. I went back to Aquamail which I've used in the past and that is working fine also.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
No problems like that. On my old moto phone I would get notifications appearing randomly for very old mails. I didn't see this on My s21 ultra until this week when it started happening again.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Aquamail with no issues. Are you sure you have it set to push emails to you? It almost sounds like you have it set to check for email at a certain interval. I'm sure you've already looked into that but just making sure.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I use Aquamail with no issues. Are you sure you have it set to push emails to you? It almost sounds like you have it set to check for email at a certain interval. I'm sure you've already looked into that but just making sure.

I've gone through the settings both in the app and phone settings. Is there a specific way to check. Maybe I'm missing something. I've searched for answers online as well and tried alot of different things. Thanks

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've gone through the settings both in the app and phone settings. Is there a specific way to check. Maybe I'm missing something. I've searched for answers online as well and tried alot of different things. Thanks
Are you using the Samsung email app or the Gmail email app?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Lot of instant push notification problems with Android 11 and the S21 Ultra.

I use Aqua mail Pro and everything works perfect. Apps like the regular Gmail, eBay, PayPal ETC never get instant notifications if the screen is off.
Turn the screen on and all notifications will come flying in right away. I have tried everything and can't get instant notifications on most apps.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Lot of instant push notification problems with Android 11 and the S21 Ultra.

I use Aqua mail Pro and everything works perfect. Apps like the regular Gmail, eBay, PayPal ETC never get instant notifications if the screen is off.
Turn the screen on and all notifications will come flying in right away. I have tried everything and can't get instant notifications on most apps.

If this keeps up I may have to give it a go.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Gmail. I've tried the Samsung email app for a different email and had the same issue.
Try enable enhanced processing?
df5af6f86c56731ba85198a699f2a233.jpg

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I dislike with the Samsung email vs Apple email is that with Samsung the amount of emails disappears after you read a few where as Apple's email the total amount of emails still shows on the email app no matter how many you read or until the new mails have been read which I absolutely love. Any fix to this?

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I dislike with the Samsung email vs Apple email is that with Samsung the amount of emails disappears after you read a few where as Apple's email the total amount of emails still shows on the email app no matter how many you read or until the new mails have been read which I absolutely love. Any fix to this?
Look I to AquaMail. It's a great mail app and can be configured to show the amount of email in each folder.

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions but so far, still hit and miss for me. More miss than anything. I can't believe how much issue this is, don't remember it ever being so frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana