Anyone have and 'unlocked' icon on their boot screen?

Goatzilla

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Unlocked on my 32GB gray model from Best Buy.

I've heard that being unlocked may be a problem for renting Google Movies (not that we have that ability yet...)

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had one from Best Buy which had the unlocked icon. I returned it a few days ago for various reasons...

I just received a 32GB grey one from Costco - NO unlocked icon! :(

Wondering if only Best Buy ones are unlocked or is it early release vs late release. Anyone else get one from Costco today?

I wrote :( above, but truly don't know what the difference is at this point anyway. Anyone care to elaborate what the unlocked one can do currently that the locked ones can't. Anyone know of a way to unlock one that is currently locked?

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No way as of yet to unlock a locked boot loader. Most likely has to be done by Samsung.

Both can be rooted, both can have CWM, and both can use different kernels. The only difference is that you cannot use nvflash on the locked Tabs. Nvflash is NVIDIA's flashing utility, much like Odin for Samsung

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had three SGT10.1s due to returns. The first two were from the original "release day" pallet at Fry's and the last was from the second pallet they got. The first two had the unlocked symbol, but the third didn't.

Hope it sheds some light on the situation.

minbcrafter

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Wait...! i don't
And i have a galaxy tab 7 plus GT-P6200
I pretty sure i have a unlocked bootloader cause of i can install custom roms
Root it everything but i don't have that symbol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members