Anyone wanna theme Google Voice??

kpfeiffer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Those text boxes are from the framework-res.apk. I think if i change it back to black, it changes all the text color too. So instead of a white text, i'll see what else works with the black background.

But feel free to mod if you know an easier fix.

Wow what a pain!

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting closer to it. The color commands an inverse of the background color. So just need to change that. Yeah it's a pain. LOL

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I found where it needs to be changed in the framework. I had to go back to a reborn 2.1 framework to get it to compile. But you need to make a few changes in the styles.xml and colors.xml.

in colors.xml. , find bright_foreground_dark, and change the color ffffffffff to ff00d022
this changes it from white to a green you can read in that one compose to text box. It does change a few spots too. Still looking at smali files for the real fix.

in styles.xml I added a few text color definitions to the Theme.Black lines.

In this pic, i'm using Orange ffef9200

tumblr_lnxmypCNN01ql2caso1_400.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kpfeiffer

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hard to teach when you cant sit in person... but im sure if u ask it will be answered...

As for xml files i use notepad ++

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hard to teach when you cant sit in person... but im sure if u ask it will be answered...

As for xml files i use notepad ++

I have no problem asking questions, but for something like that, I'm more of a visual learner. I'd do better sitting and watching then reading the directions. :)

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
yea thats the prob, I guess you could technically ghost someones screen and have a video chat goin as well... thats the closest thing I could think of lol. Would be fun tho! Always nice shootin the junk and themin' :D

sydewayz soundz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Edit, fixed the default pic to a dark color.
NOTE: Bug in the dark theme.. the "compose to" textfield is white on white, till you press down on it. Only fix right now is to uninstall and redownload from the market.

This one works, I fixed a few files from this post to make it MDPI friendly. Inverted Google Voice with 1x4 widgets (New as of 6/15/2011) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Place onto your SDcard, uninstall Google voice , then install the file

Sorry to sound like an idiot but how do I install this? I put it on my SD card and rebooted into custom recovery but I dont see the file...is there another way to install this file??? Thank you in advance

sydewayz soundz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If it's an APK file, you install with a file manager. Just look for where you put it on your SD card. Make sure under settings/applications/ that "unknown sources" is checked. Also uninstall Google voice if previously installed.

But this is an old version. The transparent one here works well with a dark wallpaper. [APP] Google Voice INVERTED + TRANSPARENT v0.4.2.38 [11.20.11] - xda-developers

Got It...A Million thank you's!!! Im actually gonna go with the older one...I have my company logo on my phone which is black with white text and its kid of hard to see with the transparent one...both are awesome and thank you again for all your help.