Solved App folders?

TheArteeest

Dec 19, 2023
Visit site
Is there any way to create folders so that I can organize apps based on their purpose? I don't really need this for myself, but it would help my sister tremendously. Thank you in advance for your help!
(Using an S12 Pro (unsure of the brand) 10.1" tablet running Android 13)

Last edited:
Solution
Is there any way to create folders so that I can organize apps based on their purpose? I don't really need this for myself, but it would help my sister tremendously. Thank you in advance for your help!
Thank you all so much for your help in this matter! I was able to figure it out!

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about app icons on the home screen? If so, what device are you trying to do this on?

Usually just holding down on an icon for a few moments will then let you move it. Moving an icon on top of another will automatically create a folder that you can then give a name to. From there, you can hold down and drag any other icon into it.

But, exact methods can depend on the device and what launcher (the main interface being used) you have.

TheArteeest

Dec 19, 2023
Visit site
Are you talking about app icons on the home screen? If so, what device are you trying to do this on?

Usually just holding down on an icon for a few moments will then let you move it. Moving an icon on top of another will automatically create a folder that you can then give a name to. From there, you can hold down and drag any other icon into it.

But, exact methods can depend on the device and what launcher (the main interface being used) you have.
Thanks for the response. I am using a 12S Pro tablet (10.1") running Android 13. I am going to try your above suggestion right now.

Reactions: winmod21

TheArteeest

Dec 19, 2023
Visit site

Hmm. For some reason,, it doesn't allow me to do that. When I try to move an app on top of another, it moves the other one out of the way.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. For some reason,, it doesn't allow me to do that. When I try to move an app on top of another, it moves the other one out of the way.
Thanks for your response. When I try to do that, it just moves the other one out of the way.
Yes, it can be exasperating, and make the other one shoot off in every unwanted direction ! :rolleyes: 🥴 Kinda like trying to train a cat to do anything !

You just have to move it ever so slightly, back & forth, or up & down, or sideways &c, until you see the target destination enlarge, then let up off the long press — on the app or bookmark that you've dragged to the other, in order to create a folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheArteeest

TheArteeest

Dec 19, 2023
Visit site
Yes, it can be exasperating, and make the other one shoot off in every unwanted direction ! :rolleyes: 🥴 Kinda like trying to train a cat to do anything !

You just have to move it ever so slightly, back & forth, or up & down, or sideways &c, until you see the target destination enlarge, then let up off the long press — on the app or bookmark that you've dragged to the other, in order to create a folder.
Thank you so much! I was able to figure it out!

TheArteeest

Dec 19, 2023
Visit site
Thank you all so much for your help in this matter! I was able to figure it out!

Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali