"Application cannot be installed in the default install location"

Amrit Grewal1

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I've tried to download an app recently it says something about the default installation location. I have no SD card and I have been able to download apps before. I haven't moved location or anything. I have a note 2 and I have used up nearly all the GB if that has any relavence. Thank you and please help!

Barrie Etherington

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I use an ageing (nearly 3 years old ...) Chinese Android phone which was supplied with no OTA facility and 'stuck' at Android 4.0.3 ... and frequently I have rec'vd the ... 'Cannot instal in XXXXXXX ' ... message.

Thanks to the comment in ths forum area - I seem to have resolved this issue by a change in Settings / Storage / Preferred Instal Location ...set to ...
Let the system decide

So far this has resolved the matter for me.

Aaron Malik

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
hi Sonia and this just started happening I did what you said but I don't have preferred install location so I didn't know what to do our phones have the same screen cause I looked at the pictures so I just don't know how to fix it I was wondering if you could help.

Soniam0125 I also have sam galax S2 with the same problem can anybody help please...Thanks for your kind attention

Rebeca Soleymani

May 6, 2014
Visit site
DEAR STRUGGLING ANDROID USERS

I was getting this message while continuously trying to install snapchat, and it turned out that all I had to do was make more storage space (i.e. delete photos, unnecessary apps, etc.)!!!!! SO TRIM THAT ACCESS FAT FROM YOUR PHONES PEOPLE YOU WILL BE HAPPIER IN LIFE I PROMISE

<3 your fellow Smartphone enjoyer

Zykeria Johnson

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone.

I have recently been getting errors lately saying "Application cannot be installed in the default install location" when trying to update apps. I've had them before but have been able to download and update apps later but now it is not updating. I have tried downloading new apps and no luck either. I am unrooted, running stock 4.0.3, and do not have an SD card installed. Does anyone know what is causing this problem? And how to fix it?

And while updating Google Maps, I got another message saying "insufficient storage available" yet I have 9.92 GB of space available. Any clues as to what's causing that? Thanks,

Adam
Thats exactly what happened to me

p14b

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thx M8 , I had this problem for months!!(many apps would not open without first "pls update google play services" which is then when i get the error above) even hard resetting once only to be back to here again, finally solved in mins, Thx to your fix, By the way thx also for taking the extra time to explain it step by step. :)

Nichole D

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I've tried to download an app recently it says something about the default installation location. I have no SD card and I have been able to download apps before. I haven't moved location or anything. I have a note 2 and I have used up nearly all the GB if that has any relavence. Thank you and please help!

I cleared all cache, rebooted, cleared gallery for unwanted photos and videos. Finally got rid of low storage space icon, but still get Error...cannot download in default installation location.

Trixie O

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks sooo much for this it's been months that I've been trying to update google apps I kept getting the "cannot save to default location" message - since I clicked on the "let the system decide" no problems.

Jacob Beaird

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
"go to settings, go to storage,. go to preferred install location, untick SD card"

If someone could help, I apparently don't have the "preferred install location" option. I have a Note 1 and the option wasn't there with 4.0 or 4.1.2.

I have the same problem with no option in settings to change install location. I have a Samsung s2 with 8GB of storage in my sd card but 200mb in device storage. Whenever i download an app, it says "not enough room in the default install location. Please help!