Apps and widgets disappear from app drawer and home screens?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello All....

I recently purchased a S21 Ultra about a week ago Loving the phone so far.
But I noticed a 'glitch' in which makes the apps disappear from the app drawer and the home screen (second home screen to the right)....
I noticed this happened after I exit a game. (not sure if it is the same game as I was not paying attention)
I was able to recover the apps to show on my app drawer and second home screen after a phone restart.

I've read online cases in which this issue was reported that the apps would disappear along with widgets from home screen, etc.

Anyone experienced this and if so know of any solutions?

(I'm coming from a Pixel 3XL, so I'm still getting used to Samsung)......

Thanks.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am using stock launcher. I have not checked the settings/apps. I think may be the stock launcher issue. ....

I'll check settings if it happens again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am using stock launcher. I have not checked the settings/apps. I think may be the stock launcher issue. ....

I'll check settings if it happens again.
Ive hearing some weird glitches similar to yours and other things on the s21 series , maybe a software bug .

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
If you are using Game Launcher then games may be added there and are no longer visible app drawer. Search for game launcher and see if there.

Zachary Burns1

Jan 7, 2022
Visit site
Ive hearing some weird glitches similar to yours and other things on the s21 series , maybe a software bug .

I had a game folder with all my games like clash Royale and balloon tower defense and stuff like that and after a update and restarting my phone because it was slow the entire folder was gone the app isn't hidden its not even in the drawer only way I can access the games by searching them in the app store its self. I'm just a 16 year old and me and my dad have been reading forms for hours if anyone finds a solution pls reply. I saw a post to clear the cache and im going to try it later

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had a game folder with all my games like clash Royale and balloon tower defense and stuff like that and after a update and restarting my phone because it was slow the entire folder was gone the app isn't hidden its not even in the drawer only way I can access the games by searching them in the app store its self. I'm just a 16 year old and me and my dad have been reading forms for hours if anyone finds a solution pls reply. I saw a post to clear the cache and im going to try it later
Welcome to AC!
Try clear cache in recovery , you have the US version or international?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Advanced Features​. Is Game Launcher turned on?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards