AT&T has shipped

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Do any of your tracking say UPS ground...? It was shipped yesterday from the email I got from att but I couldn't track the info until now and it still just says it was processed yesterday so im waiting for it to update with where it's at. But main concern is, it shouldn't say ground shipping..

Posted via the Android Central App

best buy suuuucks

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
My T-Mobile pre-order shipped today!

What really really sucks and makes zero sense to me is that best buy was the first to take everyones money on pre orders. At&t and T-Mobile were the very last to touch anyone's money... yet they are the first to ship. My pre order through best buy was placed at 1:30am on the 18th... I paid premuim shipping. My order is processing the same today, as it was on the 18th. While others that just ordered yesterday, are enjoying their new phones right now. Happy for those that have them... but completely pissed best buy only cares about taking money, and not delivering the product. In fact, those that pre ordered with best buy on the 18th and Didnt pay premium shipping... Won't reveiev the phone until the 5th...!?!? What is the point of pre order.. when you end up being the last person to get the handset!! .... Never ever ever ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nawfmemphis

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Finally sprint notification was just received said I should receive it tomorrow from kentucky and I'm in Memphis TN.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
What really really sucks and makes zero sense to me is that best buy was the first to take everyones money on pre orders. At&t and T-Mobile were the very last to touch anyone's money... yet they are the first to ship. My pre order through best buy was placed at 1:30am on the 18th... I paid premuim shipping. My order is processing the same today, as it was on the 18th. While others that just ordered yesterday, are enjoying their new phones right now. Happy for those that have them... but completely pissed best buy only cares about taking money, and not delivering the product. In fact, those that pre ordered with best buy on the 18th and Didnt pay premium shipping... Won't reveiev the phone until the 5th...!?!? What is the point of pre order.. when you end up being the last person to get the handset!! Never ever ever ever again.

Launch is officially Friday, April 1, so Best Buy could easily ship your phone out tonight or tomorrow and it could easily reach your door step on Friday.

The carriers are selling many more phones than Best Buy so it's easy to reason that they would get priority on shipments from LG and with more orders to ship, they would get started as soon as they could.

Many times on street dated launches for phones, tablets, video games, etc, retailers get their shipments drop shipped straight from the manufacturer to the stores, bypassing the retailer distribution centers all together. In this case, the warehouse that ships out internet orders would be very similar to a store. They would be waiting on their shipment as well.

I ordered my G4 from a Best Buy store. When I walked in at 10am to pick it up on launch day, they hadn't received the FedEx shipment yet. I had them call the store 5 miles away and they had 'plenty' so I went there and got my phone.

Even with an in store preorder of the G4 I was told it wasn't a guarantee they would have it on launch day.

Last edited by a moderator:

best buy suuuucks

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Launch is officially Friday, April 1, so Best Buy could easily ship your phone out tonight or tomorrow and it could easily reach your door step on Friday.

The carriers are selling many more phones than Best Buy so it's easy to reason that they would get priority on shipments from LG and with more orders to ship, they would get started as soon as they could.

Many times on street dated launches for phones, tablets, video games, etc, retailers get their shipments drop shipped straight from the manufacturer to the stores, bypassing the retailer distribution centers all together. In this case, the warehouse that ships out internet orders would be very similar to a store. They would be waiting on their shipment as well.

I ordered my G4 from a Best Buy store. When I walked in at 10am to pick it up on launch day, they hadn't received the FedEx shipment yet. I had them call the store 5 miles away and they had 'plenty' so I went there and got my phone.

Even with an in store preorder of the G4 I was told it wasn't a guarantee they would have it on launch day.

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain your previous experience!! I completely understand the release date is Friday. No worries there. Just can't help but be frustrated with the timing aspect.

I thought with them being first to open pre orders they would surely sell the most handsets. Even if they didn't, they have still had more time than anyone else to get organized and to be prepared for shipping.

It is what it is... Live and learn. Next time it ever, I'm able to pre order a phone again... It'll be from the carrier.

Best buy ended up cancelling my original pre order for no reason at all. I spent hours on the phone trying to sort it out. Ended up having to place a second order on the 22nd. Which promised it would be here by the first with free shipping. Checked yesterday, and free shipping wouldn't arrive until the 5th.. I had to upgrade to expedited shipping to guarantee it would arrive the first.

All that effort, checking up on them just to be sure the order arrives at all(the original order was cancelled for no reason now...I would have waited to never recieve a phone at all if I hadn't stayed in top of things). Ive upgraded the shipping to expedited shipping, which is two days in the fine print, and they can't even ship the phone!?!? I'm disgusted... just no other way to describe it.

I would have been far better served to order from carrier, or wait to arrival date. Lesson learned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796