AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

luvscooter66

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay - I have tried this update on both my mac and my son's pc. Both allow me to sync my contacts, photos, etc... and has the phone and info listed when the device is connected. Unfortunately when I go to download the update, the pc will start the download screen and then kicks me off with a notification that the usb is not being detected (okay...) then stops. The mac immediately tells me that the sgh-1747 has been disconnected and I need to check the connection. My phone hasn't been rooted (only go launcher was downloaded at one time).

I have 10.7.5 on my mac and the pc is running windows 7.

I have backed up everything to both computers, did a hard factory reset to my phone and still getting this freaking error.

I have gone in tried with the usb debugging box checked (as well as without it being checked), tried several usb cables (galaxy nexus from my son's phone, nexus 7 tablet, my cable from the s3) and no update! I'm tired of trying as well as beating my head against my desk and staying up too freaking late at night! I love JB and my son is taunting me with his 4.2.1 upgrade on his Nexus. I just want the freaking 4.1.1 to start with and maybe when he gets the 4.5 which I assume will be the Key Lime, I will be able to get 4.1.2! (Crappy AT&T developers being slow and adding their stupid bloatware that I DON'T use!!). I know it's in this area due to the fact my son's friend just got a new phone a month ago and downloaded JB last night~ grrr....

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Charlie_sc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I read about all the problems that had been encountered using Kies to upgrade so I was a little apprehensive about bricking
my new S3. I had experienced difficulty connecting by usb to Kies when I got my phone about 8 weeks ago and had to uninstall
it. After removing it, I was able to get the drivers to reload and connect. However I wanted JB so I decided to take the
plunge. I downloaded Kies and upgraded it to ver. 2.5.0.1214_1. I charged my phone, then did a battery pull and rebooted the
PC (Vista 64). I got lucky, it connected and everything worked fine. The phone seems to run much smoother and I love the new
Google app. Afterward, I tried reconnecting with usb and got the message that the hardware ID was not recognized so they
still need to do some work on their software. I guess I will uninstall Kies and use windows explorer to manage my files until
I need another upgrade. Maybe they will have the driver problem solved by then.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Shoule I do a factory reset before installing vis Keis?

No. Just make sure to download the latest version of Kies. Update Java. Charge your GS3. Use the USB cable that came with the GS3. Enable USB debugging. Be patient.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you one that had one of the partial OTA updates a while back?

Also, I saw a couple of people say the other night and they were Mac users, that it took about 30 mins for Kies to tell them there was an update available.

I'm one of those Mac users, and it took 30 minutes(from start to finish), to install the JB update.:)

hotnick07

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Im not even getting a update promp idk what im missing. Have the lates java , kies, wmp, using a oem cable, debug on and off, 80% 90%100%. Idk why but Im not being prompted about the JB update. Frustrating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

asjdwf

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I updated to Jelly Bean via Kies and then my mobile data worked on and off then quit all together until I restarted my phone. I reverted back to ICS via Odin and all is back to normal. My question is this: If I update again will the same thing happen? Thanks for all of your help.

AJ

Tony Hatter

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

how do you update via kies??????????

- - - Updated - - -

how do you update via kies?

tigerpierre

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was so looking forward to updating my S3 to Jelly Bean ~
- loaded Kies on my desktop computer - CHECK
- updated Kies on my desktop computer - CHECK
- plugged in my S3 via USB cable - CHECK
- S3 identified on Kies - CHECK
- update available - CHECK