AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
What am I doing wrong??

I don't think you did anything wrong. Kies is just a piece of sh*t. It took forever to install. Even with the latest download, still more updates after installation. I had to try 3 PC's to get the update installed. It did not like win xp, there was some *.dll missing. It did not like win 7 32-bit. It stuck at 99% download. I left it there for hours because it said don't unplug the cable. It finally worked with win 7 64-bit. It took about 45 minutes.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you did anything wrong. Kies is just a piece of sh*t. It took forever to install. Even with the latest download, still more updates after installation. I had to try 3 PC's to get the update installed. It did not like win xp, there was some *.dll missing. It did not like win 7 32-bit. It stuck at 99% download. I left it there for hours because it said don't unplug the cable. It finally worked with win 7 64-bit. It took about 45 minutes.
That's interesting. Thanks for that. ;) I'm taking notes, so when I decide to update . . . maybe experiences & tips like yours, w/ the Win 7 64-bit, as well as all the other user/member experiences they've shared, withal their advise, tips & help, will hopefully end-up being valuable and time-saving foreknowledge.
Kinda like valuable Forecaddies. :)

SeanOhMara

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am having huge connectivity issues with JB. I upgraded from a rooted ICS. My download speed on AT&T 4G LTE went from 10-16 MB/s to .5 MB/s. I guess I will have to factory reset it then try again. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

muzichead

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I was so looking forward to updating my S3 to Jelly Bean ~
- loaded Kies on my desktop computer - CHECK
- updated Kies on my desktop computer - CHECK
- plugged in my S3 via USB cable - CHECK
- S3 identified on Kies - CHECK
- update available - CHECK
- update downloading - CHECK
- downloading to 100% - CHECK
then...Kies disappears...nothing happened

What am I doing wrong??

Your not doing anything wrong. Mine disappeared for about 10-15 mins and then just started the download out of the blue....

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
just did the update on my macbook pro on 10.7! No problems with the installation.

I am not sure about this but, i think it would help if you registered your phone first on samsung before doing the update via kies.

Sargeant002

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Very annoyed they still don't allow you to alter the quick buttons at the top of the drop down! That and they removed my mobile data button. I use that daily! Grrrrrr. Other then that I'm JB'd!

Brian-

Sent with my at&t SGSIII

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Whats wrong? If your Jelly Bean is acting funny, do a factory reset
It refreshes the OS back to normal and the way its supposed to run

I encountered an issue with the browser after updating. Pulled the battery and left it out for a minute. Put it back in and problem solved.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Very annoyed they still don't allow you to alter the quick buttons at the top of the drop down! That and they removed my mobile data button. I use that daily! Grrrrrr. Other then that I'm JB'd!

Brian-

Sent with my at&t SGSIII

I have had MY GS3 since launch and it is my first Android device so I am still a bit new. Isn't mobile data turned off when WiFi is active? Would activating airplane mode and then WiFi be a work around from a shortcut perspective? I believe that on one of the settings menus that mobile data can be modified as enabled or disabled. I hope the mobile data shortcut is back in 4.1.2.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

aqeel167

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My GS3 747 is not getting detected by Mountain Lion/Win8/Win7.

I have tried every troubleshooting steps provided here:

SAMSUNG

I think i need to go for factory reset.

Please respond if you have solution, thanks.:

rajesshh

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

I am getting "Device connection disrupted error" while upgrading to Jelly bean from Kies.
Please help

Thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting "Device connection disrupted error" while upgrading to Jelly bean from Kies.
Please help

Thanks!!!

blue_sector

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

So since AT&T is not going to push JB via an OTA, I assume those of us who don't run Windows or OSX have no choice but to root the phone and install a custom JB ROM?

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site

So since AT&T is not going to push JB via an OTA, I assume those of us who don't run Windows or OSX have no choice but to root the phone and install a custom JB ROM?

So you use Linux as your main OS??? You cant run Windows in a VM or something?

blue_sector

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Sure I can. But that means having to obtain a copy of Windows to install in the VM... :) I suppose I could try to run Kies under Wine but that doesn't seem promising.

It's interesting that Samsung has made so much money selling devices that run Linux variants internally but upgrading those devices requires something other than Linux...

nfantbabyjesus

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

i tried downloading via kies. on the computer it got to 99% within a couple of minutes. then it was just stuck there for like 1.5 hours. i just unplugged it because i got tired of waiting...

should i just try again and wait longer or what? im using the latest version of kies.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Had that problem. Then I went to another computer and was able to do the upgrade in no time. In retrospect, I think the anti virus/firewall settings on the first computer might have caused it to be stuck at 99%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter