[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

da_goldstein

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3 (Updated 08/18/12)

Let me know what you think. It makes a clockworkmod directory to store the Nandroid so I assume that if I were to restore it I would have to flash the custom recovery.

Is there a way to flash back to stock recovery to allow ota updates?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e..._term%3Donline+nandroid+backup&token=s1f8MM6b

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Let me know what you think. It makes a clockworkmod directory to store the Nandroid so I assume that if I were to restore it I would have to flash the custom recovery.

Is there a way to flash back to stock recovery to allow ota updates?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e..._term%3Donline+nandroid+backup&token=JSFxzYXe

Within the factory images (Restore to Stock) guide here should be a "recovery.img" in the mysid-jro03o.zip. Just fasboot that.

kchebani

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

I'm in a country that uses GSM. I have unlocked Verizon Galaxy Nexus and i'm wondering if it will work with the service providers that we have.

travadixon

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I recently installed release JR0030 and want to update to the newest AOKP version. Using the tool kit 1.5.3, what steps do I need to take now to just drop another ROM on there? I updated the first time flawlessly using the toolkit from stock. But since I am unlocked and rooted now, what steps do I need to take?

Many thanks in advance.

hellblazer445

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site

Hey Wug, I have successfully unlocked and installed TWRP recovery, however, in the process I am booted into TWRP by the toolkit and then I just get stuck on "Waiting for your device to reboot." I turned on airplane mode and I have tried several times, still with no success. My only course of action is to reboot back into the system through TWRP. When I am rebooted, the rootkit prompts me to enable superuser and update my binaries, yet superuser is not in my app drawer. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. :)

Last edited:

410eaglesfan

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I currently have an older version of Bugless Beast, If I'm updating to the newest version aren't there steps I can skip rather than wiping my whole phone like I did when I flashed for the first time? It's been so long since I've flashed. Thank you.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I currently have an older version of Bugless Beast, If I'm updating to the newest version aren't there steps I can skip rather than wiping my whole phone like I did when I flashed for the first time? It's been so long since I've flashed. Thank you.

I highly, highly, highly recommend doing a data wipe/factory reset.

donaldh55

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site

I have a Galaxy Nexus with the JRO03O build.. Just used Wug Fresh, did a back up went through the process of unlocking and rooting. After rooting i did a restore and most of the apps where restored but none of my pics or notifications seem to have been restored, the files are there but when i try to view a pic all i see is a black photo. did i do something wrong or miss a step?

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I am unlocked, rooted, and on 4.0.4 thanks again to wug, and to the other folks that are helping on this thread. Of course I am getting the "update ready" message constantly now...

My (personal) problem is that I don't want to have to regress back to some old version of stock every time I want to apply a version update. Its a lot of work, and seems risky everytime. Why can't I just copy in the new rom, boot into recovery, and apply it? Why can't my settings and data persist through the update?

I think the answer may relate to the fact that these are factory roms, and I *could* apply in-place upgrades if I were running custom ROMs. Is that true? If so what are the top three custom roms?

Thanks, hope I am making sense. I came from a droid X, and was running custom roms there. When the devs came out with updates we could just apply them, as long as we were coming from the last released version. It seems a nexus should be an easier trip, not harder with having to flash backwards before I can flash forwards.

Appreciate all feedback.

brianteel

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I need some help i was running a driver test to make sure ot installed Correctly and it got stuck in the bootloader. I had to do a hard reset and now none of the mobile data radios work. I am not sure what o can do. I did run a back up before i started

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for all the work you do......very much appreciated

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

I tried to upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4. Updater screen says download complete 100% but it stalls there. Never completes hashcheck or install.
I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Had no problems when installing 1.5.3-- Also no new NRT file in Firefox download file. What to do next?

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.4 (Updated 10/11/12)

Hey I was trying to unroot and relock my Galaxy Nexus using the Wug's Toolkit. When trying to so it first says Download complete. Then part about the hash says mix match Then the last part says it failed. Anybody know what is causing the problem. Thanks.

MUlater

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.4 (Updated 10/11/12)

Is TWRP supposed to stay on when the toolbox is waiting for the device to turn on again? I always have to tap on reboot and then system or it just sits there and does nothing, and I think this is making the root unsuccessful because when my nexus turns on again supersu and superuser both won't update. Please help! <edit>
I went ahead and flashed stock and oem locked it to redo it and went through with rooting it. This time it seemed to go a little better because more text appears in twrp than last time, but it still doesn't automatically boot past twrp and in the script it says "E: Error installing zip file '/data/media/ReadyToFlash/Root_Files/etc...".It actually comes up with two messages like that and says "Done processing script file" at the end. Superuser still doesn't work but I will try SuperSu from here.
<edit>
Sorry if you guys have already posted the answer to this. I kinda got excited when I recieved my mhl adapter and ps3 controller in the mail and I wanted to jump right into rooting it without reading up on it. I have been searching here and XDA for an answer all day at work and will try running through some steps when I get home. Thanks a lot for this package Wug! even though I am having troubles with it, it is very straightforward (and the troubles are most likely due to me being a noob). At this point I'm speculating that drivers are the main part of my problem so I will restart from step one when I get home.

Last edited:

mlacla22

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I tried to upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4. Updater screen says download complete 100% but it stalls there. Never completes hashcheck or install.
I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Had no problems when installing 1.5.3-- Also no new NRT file in Firefox download file. What to do next?

This is happening for me as well...

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Well, we are still waiting for an answer on how to get to 1.5.4. The updater isn't working. Is there a fix we can download?

Edit: 10-18-2012. Following instructions on WugFresh website about moving the Wugfresh Development folder to the C:\ directory and removing spaces in the folder name I still could not get the updater to work. Finally I used windows explorer to find the copied updater file in the C:\ directory and launched it from there instead of from the help menu of 1.5.3. It finally worked. I had already used 1.5.3 to unlock, root and get started on JBSourcery Rom. Next I will use it to unlock / root my Nexus 7 tablet (when I finally get the 32 GB version--soon, I hope.) Then donate again. This thing is so helpful. I know that we who use it are disdained on some other forums for not learning and using adb but that can come later. Meanwhile, thank you WugFresh. Without your tool kit available I might not have even tried unlocking and flashing roms. Now that I see how easy it is with your toolkit, it is becoming a second hobby.

Last edited:

dreamxcape

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Hi, hope somebody can help me.
I've got a rooted GNexus (using Wug's toolkit). ROM is vanilla android 4.1.1. I've got the OTA update notification for 4.1.2. If I go ahead with installing this update:
1) Will I lose root?
2) Will i lose any apps (will it wipe the system)?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

The link appears to be working now. I didnt need the tool at this time but I tested link,,downloaded to my PC (Windows XP Pro).It did download and verified Md5 sum it checked out to. Y'all might want to see if it downloads for ya now :)

Edit: Sidenote:
I have not used this tool as I unlocked and rooted before this tool was made .So I am unfamilar with actual use of this tool kit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere