Available Memory problem?

conquerstrife

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got my android aria a week ago but my friends have been telling me to use a task killer. so when i got the device i downloaded advanced task killer but after using it ive noticed that everytime i kill general apps (games/applications/internet) my "available memory" goes down.

For example when I first boot up the phone the att bloatware is running and when i kill that i have >130M "available memory" but after running the phone for a day or two my available memory is down to '60ish'
I was just wondering what that means or if it holds any kind of significance.

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Coming from Windows Mobile, I was also concerned about Android's memory usage and getting a task killer program, but after reading about how Android uses and controls memory usage, most people advise you to let Android run as is and clean up after itself.

I have since stopped using a task killer and let Android run on its own and it keeps the free memory right around 50-60MB consistently. So my advise to you is that if you want to continue the practice of baby-sitting your memory usage and killing tasks, more power to you, but you really don't need to be so paranoid about it like you did with WinMo.

Regards,

Tom

thejdubb02

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I also agree. I have used a task killer for some time now, and I always thought it helped me out a lot, until I read so many people talking about how it was unnecessary.

I have stopped using my task manager program and it seems to do just fine. Battery life and all I have yet to see a negative affect of not using a task killer.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I used a task killer for awhile, and finally gave up and stopped using it the other day. If anything, the speed has gotten better (jury is still out on battery life). I still have one installed so I can easily close an app when I need to, but using it on a regular basis seems to have been a waste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali