Back on Android-Nexus 6P quirks

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting. Mine does both. Pauses video and sound.

Well.. I mean pause the video as well as the audio rather than just mute the audio, thereby missing some of it.

As for it happening, I suspect that it's a function of the audio track. If it's stereo, you'll get the pause.. dunno. I checked it out and there were no hiccups on my phone. So not sure what's what.

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
https://m.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/42zows/i_hate_how_audio_playback_stutters_on_screen

Here's a link to the Reddit thread in case anyone was wondering.

I did reset the phone. It sounds like all three of my questions have been answered now.

1. Bluetooth is messed up and may be fixed in N.

2. Video compression is a non iPhone thing.

3. Audio cutting out is a Nexus thing. Can't call it an issue if it's designed that way.

Appreciate all the feedback.

I was an Android nut back in the day. Owned 100 phones over the years. But now just looking for whatever gives me the least headache. Liking the Nexus minus these annoyances.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
https://m.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/42zows/i_hate_how_audio_playback_stutters_on_screen

Here's a link to the Reddit thread in case anyone was wondering.

I did reset the phone. It sounds like all three of my questions have been answered now.

1. Bluetooth is messed up and may be fixed in N.

2. Video compression is a non iPhone thing.

3. Audio cutting out is a Nexus thing. Can't call it an issue if it's designed that way.

Appreciate all the feedback.

I was an Android nut back in the day. Owned 100 phones over the years. But now just looking for whatever gives me the least headache. Liking the Nexus minus these annoyances.

Except it isn't a design thing since I don`t have the same audio cutting issue. Therefore it must be a bug or a hardware failure of some sort.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Or it may be a third party app not playing nice.

I've replicated the issue with Google Play Music, Pocket Cast, YouTube and Cloudplayer. I highly doubt it's a specific app causing the problem. The pausing audio is the correct response, that way the audio can be put into the new correct channel. The only explanation I have for those that DON'T have this happening is maybe their accelerometer is faulty.

rodney0905

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Except it isn't a design thing since I don`t have the same audio cutting issue. Therefore it must be a bug or a hardware failure of some sort.
I'm just going by what others are telling me. I keep hearing that this is how stereo speakers work. I'll send for a replacement if it's a hardware thing.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the video/audio rotation thing to happen with a video in Facebook. It paused for a fraction of a second and kept on playing. Not a big deal at all. It basically paused when I started rotating and by the time I was looking at the screen in landscape it was back to playing. It certainly wasn't long enough for me call it an issue but I did at least witness it. No big deal at all for me anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10