Battery damage on Pixel 3? Wireless charging extremely slow

ImagineNoHell

Apr 13, 2020
Visit site
Last year I went to a tropical island on vacation and dropped my phone in the ocean, feeling foolishly brave because it's water-resistant. Charging started acting weird but thankfully the problem didn't really show up again until I got home, but it soon became impossible to charge by cable. I found out that while it's water-resistant, it's not salt-resistant. I tried to rinse the contacts but it was too late, obviously, and I realized I had to buy a wireless charger. Well, that worked well enough, till now, apparently.
The last two days, the Pixel 3 has been charging extremely slowly. Even starting at low levels like 36% this morning, it's been recharging at about 1% per 4 minutes, or about 15% per hour.
At this rate, it's going to take close to seven hours to charge the phone from empty to full.
What do you think the problem is? Do I need a new phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The water damage may have affected the internal charging circuits. Remember that IP ratings are based on rigorously controlled tests that use distilled water. Salt water is terrible for phones, and IP ratings don't apply to that kind of exposure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia