Battery Draining Too Fast

inimo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! New to the forum!

I got a question, does your GN drains your battery really fast? And charges really slow?

In use it lasts around 8 hours. Does anybody has the same trouble? Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sanman202

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the Weather Channel app? It has been discovered that the app keeps searching for a GPS signal. Also make sure no other apps are doing this. GPS issues can be a huge battery gobbler.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Can you think of anything done to the device (downloaded apps/files/change of settings, etc) before these issues started?

If you can't narrow down the problem factory reset to clear out the device....be sure to backup anything important saved on the device.

droidatl

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
"Exchange Services " is probably your issue. Check battery usage in settings to confirm. If so, factory reset is only fix as of now. If weather app is the drain turn off your gps until bug is fixed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

yubeie

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if your phone is rooted. If it is, you can download and install an app called "Better Battery Stats" from XDA. This is extremely useful in tracking down the culprit. It provides a very deep analysis/breakdown of the battery usage. Good Luck!

Last edited:

inimo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't have the weather channel app. Think i will follow your recommendation about resetting phone. Will look for the apps that drain the battery more carefully too.

Thanks really.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo