Battery life is horrible after update

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
My phone has been unplugged for a little more than 2 hours and its down to 53%. All I did was make one quick phone call and other than that, its been in standby the whole time. What the hell? How can HTC screw up the update so badly?

motodunner

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have the extended battery and it has pretty good life except for the reboots. Today I have been 12hrs unplugged with over four hrs of awake time and I am at 58% but I just had a random reboot and it dropped down to 38% this is really starting to piss me off.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
while the phone is on, pull your battery out and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds, this is what I did after the update and it did help my newly terrible battery. Otherwise, try a factory reset, that may help, I've thought about doing that as well.

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
while the phone is on, pull your battery out and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds, this is what I did after the update and it did help my newly terrible battery. Otherwise, try a factory reset, that may help, I've thought about doing that as well.

I'll give that a shot and see if it helps

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
does your phone have internet connectivity at the time? sometimes, my phone says 4g, but has no internet connectivity, and sometimes the up arrow would always be stuck on, meaning it's trying to push data. when this happens, the battery drains fast, on the ext. battery, probably over 10% in an hour (so over 20% in an hour on the regular battery). if you have this problem, you can try to install "juice defender" from the market, that will shut off data while the screen is off and occasionally turn on for syncing. also, sometimes, there is a problem with the idle itself. you can install the "battery monitor widget" from the market and have it log the power consumption as well and see what you get on average.

I have the extended battery and it has pretty good life except for the reboots. Today I have been 12hrs unplugged with over four hrs of awake time and I am at 58% but I just had a random reboot and it dropped down to 38% this is really starting to piss me off.

the extended battery isn't that accurate. i had 94%, pulled it from charger, did a restart, and had 99%. ran for 90 minutes, did another restart, and at 100%.

i've found doing the battery pull helps for a short while, but it goes back to the way it was. hard reset didn't help me either. of course, the op should try these things, some solutions work for some people, and not for others.

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I honestly can't tell if my battery is "better". With all the random reboots, it appears worse because of the drain it takes to boot, but if it wasn't rebooting I still don't think I'd notice much of a difference either way. I do think it may be taking less time to charge it though,

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok its been a little more than a day now and it seems a good bit better. even better than before actually with juice defender and 3G on. I got kinda worried because I got a random reboot yesterday but it only took 5% battery