Battery life starting to slip?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
For those of you with Razrs at around 2 years old, are you starting to see the battery's life starting to lose its ability to keep a charge once it gets below 50%? Mine has just started to show this tendency.

In an associated issue, who here has had their battery replaced and, if so, how much did it cost?

TIA

got root

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine was getting worse but I traded it in. I thought about trying to convert it to a MAXX with a bigger battery but gave up when the new Droids came out. good luck...

Beagles329

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I'm in the same boat with battery life. My Razr drops 20-30% overnight when the phone is just idle, and that is with wifi on. I'm just trying to hold on a little while longer before I upgrade.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It's normal for Li-ion batteries to start losing capacity after 300 to 500 charge cycles. Which for most people would be between 1-2 yrs

There is no way around this. Though there are best charging practices to get the most amount of life out of batteries.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

But excess discharge while sleeping is not normal. And should be investigated with battery tools. A popular one is Better Battery Stats.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I knew all of that. I just figured that there might be others in the same boat. I'm actually a little early as my upgrade date isn't until Jan. As I am grandfathered in, I'm likely to keep this phone well after then. And, I lost my 5500 mH Anker battery on my recent vaca so I guess I need another one. Am leaning to their 10,000 mH big honkin' one as it's only $10 more.

iggyhusband

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Mine has recently started not to last as long anymore. With being online at work not even too much and talking on the phone for 20 minutes, it's at 10% by 4 pm.

Posted via Android Central App

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Don't be. It's really easy. I opened the case with my fingernail (but I have long nails on my picking hand (guitar, not nose). You can use a thin bladed knife as well if you're careful. Once you get the first couple of latches popped, you can use a stiff credit card to go around the case. You might have to use the knife again when you get to the sim door. Just make sure you are gentle and just twist the knife a little. When you get most of the case loose, you can start pulling the case away from the battery, which has adhesive keeping it tight to the case. The case WILL twist easily as shown in the instructions, but be gentle. Replacing the battery is pretty easy. Just don't lose either screw or the little plastic covering. If you DO lose the cover, a tiny piece of electrical tape cut to size will work.