Battery life

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have had my galaxy for two weeks or so and coming from an iphone, I am at a loss on how to make my battery last longer? I hate to leave the house without a charger. I have it on power saving mode but other than that I don't know. I shut my apps down and everything. I have really enjoyed my experience so far other than the texting but I can deal with that if I can make the battery last longer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
When not in use, put your phone in airplane mode. It'll save a lot of battery life but obviously you won't be able to recieve calls/texts/emails while its enabled.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have had my galaxy for two weeks or so and coming from an iphone, I am at a loss on how to make my battery last longer? I hate to leave the house without a charger. I have it on power saving mode but other than that I don't know. I shut my apps down and everything. I have really enjoyed my experience so far other than the texting but I can deal with that if I can make the battery last longer
Are you also keeping your WiFi & Bluetooth turned-off?unless you need them? I've read here, and experienced for myself that that does help.
Also, when you're through using your phone for a time, if you remember to long-press your home button?and tap 'Remove all'?that will (as I think I understand it) close all (partially still running?) apps in the background. I'm not absolutely sure if doing so helps that much with power-saving, but maybe someone here can comment on that.

Then there's the battery related apps like Juice Defender and Battery Defender, etc.-etc.-etc. Personally, I didn't give Juice Defender much of a chance?before deleting it?as I noticed it had turned-on my 'Mobile data' within 2~3 hours of me downloading the JD app! :eek: That was after I had specifically set JD to NOT turn-on Mobile data & WiFi & other stuff, etc., unless I did so manually. So I quickly gave JD the ol' delete boot. :rolleyes:
Nonetheless, from reading this forum, it's clear that most member's here seem to like the: Juice Defender and Battery Defender type of apps, and feel that they do help.

Also, the Gsam app lets you see and track?your battery performance?how your battery is being used-up and drained. You can also set preferences and charging & low battery notifications, etc..

Last edited:

texasotts

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have wifi on so I do not go overboard on my plan while at home. I I do have United but I use my phone for business and this past summer I got a letter from att telling me I was in the top 5 percent of data users and if I didn't use wifi they would slow me down. While I absolutely love this phone I don't think I should have all the battery drainage or have to jump through hoops to keep a charge. I can use an iphone all day without charging. I ill try to download a battery app and see where it's going

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii