Be careful in AT&T store

tb123

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Went into the store today to get my Atrix activated the online crap didn't seem to work. Guy i was working with did not even bother to look at my data plan and selected the 2gb plan i asked him is my plan still the same told him i had the unlimited iphone he was like i didn't see an option to upgrade you to the unlimited for 4g so he got on his magic phone called a support number and they added it right back on my account took him 5 mins total. Don't let them try to screw you out of your unlimited plan and i know they have the power to put it back on he said if i would had caught this a few days later it would had been lost forever.

Effington

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You're lucky - at least your store let you pick it up today and didn't tell you they could get fined for activating it before the launch date :/

tb123

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
well i took it in i pre ordered it but the online activation was not working for me. the store i took it too said they had 10 in stock

jwolfe99

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Got mine from the Store and they did the same to me but told me it was still unlimited. I called the 800 number and had them fix it. Seems the store was not set up to change it on their end.

Julian

thewaffle

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
In my situation OPUS (their billing/inventory system) actually didn't have the unlimited data option there. I even asked to see and explore it (I'm an ex AT&T employee) he had to change my plan, but alas wouldn't help me get my unlimited data back. I had to call 611 and the woman on the phone actually told me that I wasn't able to get it back. After a good 20 minutes of me berating her she finally got a manager to put it back on.

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
The lady from Premier did the same thing to me. She insisted that the "4G" plan wouldn't work with my current unlimited plan and that I had to switch to one of the tiered plans. I told her she was dead wrong. Finally her manager told her I could keep my current plan.

I just wonder how many people out there don't know that they can keep their current plan and just switch to the new crappy plans because they think they have to in order to get magic "4G". I would be PISSED if I had to give up my unlimited plan for 3mbps!!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Why is this so hard for ATT to get right? It really is not that hard. By definition if you have an unlimited data plan you have been with them for a while. Why do they not try to protect their best customers by making sure this is seamless as opposed to making you call 611 and getting someone telling you what they cannot do. So frustrating. They had to open a case for me and told me it cannot be fixed until March 4. It was late on the phone so I will call and speak to a manager tomorrow.