Been looking to buy a skin for my macbook pro dbrand or slickwrap?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi i have been researching on skins for my macbook pro 15 inch retina display and absolutely cannot make my mind, i saw videos on youtube and read some articles here and there but cant really find a precise comparison or answer to which way should i go.
i checked the return policy and it basically says that if you apply it we wont take it back so i'm scared to order it and be stuck with it.
Also im really interested in the custom skin that one can order from slickwrap again i absolutely find nothing on the internet about that i have looked and looked. i dont know how the glossy looks or the matt finish looks, anybody know anything about that, i'm really interested in trying one.

Keeptechcoolandsimple

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
I've got an addiction to skins and have used both dbrand and slickwraps over several devices. in my overall experience, I personally would opt for dbrands for several reasons.

1. generally, dbrands seem to be just a little more precise with cutouts and fit over more devices.
2. quality seems a tad better on dbrand's in terms of feel. as in textured skins feel closer to what they're supposed to be. part of that may have to do with point 3.
3. dbrands provide better step by step instructions making it easier to achieve a perfect application. (you can use dbrands instructions to slickwrap except because they have differing cutouts,it's not exactly the same thing.) as a result, with dbrands you can get edges to meld smoothly following the directions. with slickwraps, there's been always a portion that doesn't meld smoothly, which sometimes may make it feel like a sticker.
4. delivery times. i consistently find that dbrands does a better job of delivery in a timely manner. true story: i once ordered from both slickwraps and dbrand on the same day (more on why when i point out the few pros of slick wraps). both stated 2~4 days delivery time. on the 4th day, my dbrand order was in the mailbox and slick wraps had yet to ship the order. this is actually confusing to me as I'm in the US, slickwraps is also US based whereas dbrands is Canada based so i would've thought it would be the other way around.

for these reasons if I had to choose one, I'd go with dbrands.

however, if the following 2 point are important to you, you may want to consider slickwraps.

1. on a couple of occasions, I've found that slickwraps seem to cover more of a device than dbrands. (preciseness of the fit no withstanding). this may be dependent on device though because usually they are similar in coverage.
2. slickwraps is more customizable with design. they seem to have more designs to begin with and have more options on customizing a device. in fact, sometimes I'll opt for slickwraps because they have a design I really like that dbrand doesn't or if I want to mix and match. (for example, that one time i ordered from dbrand and slickwraps simultaneously, it was because i was using a dbrand for the back panel of the device, and using a design only on slickwraps for the accent portion of the device.)

i like the feeling I get when i switch skins on devices because it makes my devices feel refreshed so i have alot of experience with them. nothing to be especially proud of, but i'm addicted to skins and these are my thoughts based on my experiences.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers