Best extended battery.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my phone I got the seidio 3800mah battery and to say the least I was very disappointed.

Before this phone I had the thunderbolt with the HTC extended battery I think it was 2500mah and that phone would last me all day and then some well when I got this battery I figured its 1200mah bigger maybe I can get about 2 days on one charge well not the case my battery usually needs a charge by 4pm so I was wondering is there a better extended battery for this phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you make sure you had the latest update? The radio firmware in 4.0.2 was a battery hog, 4.0.4 improved its performance.

Also, are you using Wifi indoors? You're asking for pain if you're trying to use 4G away from a window. Maintaining a connection on a weakened signal eats a lot more battery than, say, standing right next to the tower outdoors.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you rooted? I use the hyperion 3800 extended battery whilst running CM10 jelly bro and I can stretch my battery to over 24 hours. This is the biggest reason I'm rooted

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the Trexcell 3800ma. I was getting 30 hours with stock ICS 4.0.4 but that's plunged with the Vicious V5 Jelly Bean ROM.

I suspect that all of the 3800ma batteries are the same. The picture of the Hyperion battery on Amazon looks identical to the Trexcell battery that I bought, i.e. it's the same white color with the brand name stamped on it. I'm sure that there is a single manufacturer and the all of the different brands are just marketing companies who are reselling it.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I use 4g indoors. I sand hardwood floors so I'm in houses all day and I stream rhapsody all day. Yes I'm rooted. I used to have cm9 but I like stock ics better so now I'm running redemption rom.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the Trexcell 3800ma. I was getting 30 hours with stock ICS 4.0.4 but that's plunged with the Vicious V5 Jelly Bean ROM.

I suspect that all of the 3800ma batteries are the same. The picture of the Hyperion battery on Amazon looks identical to the Trexcell battery that I bought, i.e. it's the same white color with the brand name stamped on it. I'm sure that there is a single manufacturer and the all of the different brands are just marketing companies who are reselling it.

Are you a heavy user? I stream music from rhapsody all day

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised. See if dropping it to CDMA only in the settings during work hours increases life.

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums