Bloody Apple!

Fulhamjimmy

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
After switching from an iPhone to an HTC One I wasn't getting any text messages from my friends who still had iPhone's. After a quick Google search and following the advice if disconnecting my old iPhone from my Apple Support profile I started to get text messages.

BUT - after the release of iOS 7 and updating my iPad and a few of my friends there phones i can no longer receive text messages again!? I have disconnected all my apple products from my apple support profile but it still hasn't made any difference!!

Has anyone got any ideas how to solve the problem short of getting a new mobile number???!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After switching from an iPhone to an HTC One I wasn't getting any text messages from my friends who still had iPhone's. After a quick Google search and following the advice if disconnecting my old iPhone from my Apple Support profile I started to get text messages.

BUT - after the release of iOS 7 and updating my iPad and a few of my friends there phones i can no longer receive text messages again!? I have disconnected all my apple products from my apple support profile but it still hasn't made any difference!!

Has anyone got any ideas how to solve the problem short of getting a new mobile number???!!!
Welcome to the forums!
I honestly have no idea, I just saw you were new and wanted to say hi.

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It's been pretty common due to imessage. It honestly looks like you are doing everything right. Some of it will be also that your profile to other devices is still an iMessage profile, so you need to try and get the message to those you text with to make sure they switch it to SMS when messaging you. I don't know how long, but eventually it will fix itself. (I had the issue when I borrowed an iPhone as an inbetween Android phones).

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I recently added a new friend to my iphone contact list, he has an android phone. I went to send him a text but the message went through as an imessage, so he didn't receive it obviously. I guess at one point he had an iphone with the same number. I ended up just having to select the message and select "send as text message". eventually my stupid *** phone finally realized I wanted it to go through as a text and not an imessage, so the now I don't have that problem. still don't know why it wanted to go through as an imessage though

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums indeed! I'm sorry for your grief but you've taken the right step in coming over to Android.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"

knightblaze

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue going for an iPhone to android and I turned off imessage and for some reason that worked.

Even with no SIM, my iPhone4 was on Wi-Fi and st getting text messages untill I did that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm not an HTC user, but I do use android and I came from the 4s. My advice is to switch Sim to your old iPhone or to a different iPhone if possible. Afterwords, go to settings->Imessage and disable I message. Make sure you switch back to your new phone. There is a bug that will send texts addressed to you in limbo if you switch phones without deactivating I message. You can also wait till it timeouts but that may take a while.

Posted via Android Central App

eyoussef

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same issue and it's extremely frustrating because sometimes I am getting texts from people who have an iPhone and then suddenly they stop coming through and my friends will tell me they've been sending texts all day but I haven't received anything. So who knows how many texts i'm missing. I've gone into my Apple account and unregistered my iPhone, but I don't think that completely did it.

Globster, i'll have to try what you said tonight when I get back home from work. Hopefully that works.

venturin88

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Here is how to solve the problem, I had similar issue after switching from iOS. Follow these 2 steps in order:

1. Turn off iMessage AND Facetime on any apple devices you still have, (don't forget Macbooks etc.)
2. Log in to your Apple ID via iTunes and CHANGE your Apple ID password.

Upon logging back into any of those services with the new password your phone number from your old iPhone will no longer show as a way to receive messages

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene