Bluetooth kills wifi

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was always suspect of this, but now I have confirmation. Last night I was streaming some live video to my phone in high quality (twitch app, watching starcraft 2). I also have a little bluetooth speaker that I was using. So it turns out, that the video would lag when the bluetooth speaker was connected, but not when the sound was just coming out of the phone speakers (bluetooth antennae still kept on). I tried this back and fourth 4 times, to make sure that it wasn't just a coincidence, and it wasn't.

So now this makes me think, when I'm using a Mogo Pro controller through bluetooth, does this make the multiplayer gaming lag? I have to wonder, because I play Modern Combat 4 multiplayer, and get lag spikes often. I always assumed it was just the ****ty servers, since they drop matches all the time.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm on my EVO LTE there was an issue with BT being used while on WiFi that it got slower.
I ran speedtest.net on my device, 20+ connection at home.
With BT speakers going playing music stored on the device, WiFi dropped to 5-7 megs.. Tested repeatedly same thing, Stop music and speeds go back up.
The theory was that the BT and WiFI were either sharing an antenna or the antennas were interfering with each other.

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i ran speedtest with bluetooth on and off. The signal would cut in and out every couple seconds. It's clearly interfering. I think the only thing to do is get a dual band router, so I can connect with 5ghz.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk