Boot Loop, Corrupt Recovery on Galaxy SII

jmesser1981

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
i have just turned my tmobile S2 into a flashing paperweight. i had rooted it months ago and have been using it as a little game player. i tried to flash newest cm yesterday now it in eternal loop i tried flashing back to stock im stuck and need help my recovery file is corrupt on my pc so where would i start from scratch. I didnt even know how to download stuff two years ago i only know what i have learned on these forums:(
samsung S2 t989 tmobile. i can get into download mode and recovery i have seen many posts that they could not get button pressing right. from off its hold volumes and plug in to get to download. from off its both volumes and power til it vibrates then let go of power hold volume til you see recovery

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i have just turned my tmobile S2 into a flashing paperweight. i had rooted it months ago and have been using it as a little game player. i tried to flash newest cm yesterday now it in eternal loop i tried flashing back to stock im stuck and need help my recovery file is corrupt on my pc so where would i start from scratch. I didnt even know how to download stuff two years ago i only know what i have learned on these forums:(
samsung S2 t989 tmobile. i can get into download mode and recovery i have seen many posts that they could not get button pressing right. from off its hold volumes and plug in to get to download. from off its both volumes and power til it vibrates then let go of power hold volume til you see recovery

Welcome to the forums.
If you can get into download mode, you should be able to reflash the stock ROM.

jmesser1981

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
thank you i had been thinking i was but turns out they mislabled stock i downloaded. It also turns out to have been a bad pc usb port onboard. I redowloaded every stock flash i could find came up with 1 working out of 4. alot of corrupt roms out there. Im back up and running cm10.0 ill wait a bit for 11 thank you i had given up just took your word for it and started from scratch again

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
thank you i had been thinking i was but turns out they mislabled stock i downloaded. It also turns out to have been a bad pc usb port onboard. I redowloaded every stock flash i could find came up with 1 working out of 4. alot of corrupt roms out there. Im back up and running cm10.0 ill wait a bit for 11 thank you i had given up just took your word for it and started from scratch again

Glad you are back up and running.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app