BootLoop at hard apps (huge games,g earth)

JenAdy98

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
My 8 month old Tab pro 8.4 has a bootloop when i open huge games or google earth......and the battery percentage is like it fakes it.....when i power t off and it`s still charging it looks like the battery is at 3/4 full(75%) and if i power it on it looks 100% or usually less than 23......but the same percentage for almost 50-120 minutes.....

When i open Earth it reboots and bootloops for at least 30 times if i dont stop it (putting it to charge)(once i didnt stop the bootloop and went to aprox 28 boots then ,depressed,put it to charge)

But if i put it to charge i can use it normally.....but still has the percentage fail.....from 95%using put in to the charger goes to 23% in aprox 1 hours or less....

First i tought it`s the software and i accidentally removed the software and reinstalled to it....but same sh*t.....Don`t know what to do....

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a wild guess, but do you normally wait to charge the battery until it's down to 10% or until the tab tells you to charge it? That's the easiest way to give it a short life. (Which sounds like your problem - your battery is dying.) See the second chart in Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries and figure it out. (Conditioning the battery - a full charge, then use it until it tells you to charge it, repeat 2 more times, then never letting ig fall below 40% [50% is the sweet spot] will give you a lot more lifetime. [You'll see claims that lithium batteries don't have to be conditioned. That's true - if they're fairly new. If the battery has been sitting on a few shelves since it was made, and it's been 6 months since it was charged, you should, or you'll shorten its life. Since you can't know its history, condition any new battery, and any battery that's been sitting for more than a few months.] And store batteries disconnected and at about 40% charge.)

You'll see a whole battery course on the left side of the site at the link. Cadex makes battery analysis products, so they know a little about batteries.

(BTW, you waited 15 minutes to make your second post. We don't mind helping, but this isn't a paid job. [If it were, I could afford a new flagship phone every week.] We're just people like you, people who use Android phones, who know the answers to some of the questions being asked. If we take a few hours to get to your question, or to get on line at all because we're playing with the kids or mowing the lawn, you'll just have to be patient. A couple of days without an answer? Sure, bump the post. Fifteen minutes? Fifteen minutes ago I was answering another post [and meaning to get up, after every answer I post, to get some of the coffee I made while it's still fresh - which is where I'm headed now, so the poster of the next question I'm going to look at will have to wait another 2 minutes].)

JenAdy98

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes...i will try to repair my battery as soon as i have time.

And i apologise for that....i wanted to write it to the end of my post and quick sent it and was lazy to rewrite it.....
Yes i know that`s your job to help random people all over the world like me and i appreciate this .Thank your for helping me Rukbat and thank you for giving an advice to me like a father should tell to his child......Thank you.

JenAdy98

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
i made a stupid mistake when i bought a second hand tab pro 8.4 without any warranty.....the normal price (the one from the shops was to big to me...)(I live in Romania.the tab costs 400$+delivering price and i bought it for 350$ ....and i bought it from my money for me .... here the average sallary is less than 350$ so if i need something i have to collect money to get it......and if i have problems with it i cant go from 20 up to 40 kilometers to somebody to fix it...and that fix costs minim 100$ so....so i have no choice only to watch the forums and get help from others....

Once again Thank you.

JenAdy98

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Now i know i dont have battery issue......i realised i have video card issue...(helped by service)but necessary replace of videocard....so?...should i replace it or not?

JenAdy98

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Now i know i won`t buy once again [Language] products......Sony is way better than it.......sorry for samsung fans...

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems strange that the issues you describe would be due to the GPU. It's also a bit of a generalization to say that all Samsung products are bad based on your experience, especially since it was secondhand. Was it a manufacturer refurbished unit, or did you buy it from some guy selling it in a classified ad? Buying a non-refurbished used unit is about the same as buying a used car without doing any kind of inspection.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which prevents all 3rd party apps from starting up. Power off completely, then power on again. As soon as you see the Samsung logo, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see the lockscreen appear. It should say "Safe Mode" in the corner.

You could also consider replacing the battery yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEVFYQksmxM

JenAdy98

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
when i booted into safe mode showed 43%battery restarted...31% .....whink it`s a battery issue....i will bring it to an expert for help and replace....but don`t know when....

If i use it while charging......no problems.....games are smooth and not booting unexpectedly.....when not charging battery drowns extremely fast ....like 20minutes from 70% to 3% .......

Strange ......i hade more than 3 times 0%battery showed ....but tab still runing for aprox 15 to 25 seconds....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao