Buy a V40 for $150 or keep my Stylo 4?

etad putta

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
So my second phone is a LG Stylo 4 on T-Mobile. It's pretty good for what I use it for but I know LG flagships don't hold their value and a nice V40 can be had for $150 on eBay. Sell the Stylo afterwords for $50 and I'm into the V40 for a hundred. Good plan or not?

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
So my second phone is a LG Stylo 4 on T-Mobile. It's pretty good for what I use it for but I know LG flagships don't hold their value and a nice V40 can be had for $150 on eBay. Sell the Stylo afterwords for $50 and I'm into the V40 for a hundred. Good plan or not?

What happens if you don’t get $50 you expect.

An LGv40 for $150 is kind of high. I've seen cheaper. Is it brand new in sealed packaging?

Agreed with this observation.

etad putta

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The V40 is used but in excellent shape according to the seller. I guess I will try to find a lower price. Sad how the LG phones drop in value. As for the Stylo, I'm ok with whatever I get out of it.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't want to spend your money but Amazon has an LG V60 yes 60 for something like $450 so if you take off the hundred and fifty instead of throwing it away on a used v40 who's condition you don't even know and I got screwed why what was a so-called brand new phone on eBay for my first to be 20 , then then you're basically paying $300 for brand new V60. I am using my v20 is a spare but I just put in $26 for new 6800 battery which I have to tell you really makes such a difference because his phone was really screwing up with all the little batteries that were dying and not making proper connection, and then I really need to get one of those $45 kits to fix the screen so now I'm talkin about $71 for a pretty slow phone. so I was actually thinking I'm getting the V60 yeah, taking off the $71 and I'm basically getting a new a new V60 for $380. and then I'll use the v40 I have is a spare and that's what I will use as much as I can on Wi-Fi and that's green is great and I can also use it for listening to books at night. now we're talkin about top quality phones and quite frankly I would never spend 12 or 13 or $1,400 for a phone and then I would have to get insurance because it's so expensive and before you know it with the sales tax in the insurance and the new supplies you close to $1,800. So thankfully LG has great deals on phones. I would hate the idea that I have a phone that cost me almost $2,000 from my pocket. the LG v40 I got now I'm basically paying $480 for over 30 months so it's a little over $15 a month and I have another here to go. but I like the idea of having a backup, a good backup so if I have to send the phone back to LG I will have something else to use.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
And then you will have the Stylo 4 as a backup. What are you going to do with if the phone goes down and you have to send it away for two weeks sometimes they take 3 weeks and with covid who knows.

etad putta

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I bought a V40 for $140. Would have liked a V60 but I will wait a while until they are in the 150 range. The V40 is really nice! I really hope LG is able to stay in the market as some killer deals can be found on their devices! I'm pretty heavy into the Apple side but even there I try to save a buck or two. iPhone SE 2020, M1 Mac mini, etc, but for a free line I obtained from Tmobile I really like to have an android device for YouTube Vanced. LG phones fill my needs quite well!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Same here.. I have my V40 as a back up to my V60. In fact the only reason i went to the V60 was dual speakers and 5G. Im on TMO and i get solid 5G.
Otherwise id still be using the V40.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klystron