Buyers Remorse. Anyone starting to get it?

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
No way! I got my pixel 2 yesterday and love it. I bought the 64 gb but also paid for the insurance. It's twice as much as the most I've ever paid for a phone but I feel like it's worth it.
I loved my Moto XPE but the battery was awful and I didn't like the newer Moto phones. This one seems like a worthy successor. I'm going to use it until I absolutely can't anymore. That's the plan anyway. :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Glad everyone is finally catching on. Google is ripping people off, this phone is weak and has no features. Fast updates? At the cost of every basic Android feature? No thanks.

Who is everyone? And no one is ripping anyone off. People are willing to pay big bucks for this phone. Why do you insist on trashing every phone that you don't like? Instead of being so negative why don't you bring some intelligent conversation to the table? No one is forcing you to buy this phone and you obviously don't like it but other people do. What do you really care?
My suggestion for you is that you should buy the phone you want and be done with it instead of going into every thread and trashing everything because it doesn't have those features that you so desire that nobody else cares about.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
So you're saying in the UK the average person makes 1000 US a month or 12000 a year?
Our minimum wage is just £7.50 an hour. Most people outside of London are on minimum wage and work an average of 40 hours a week. After taxes yes they are on maybe £800 - £1000 take home. We have complicated welfare benefits to help people with rent or if they have children, but most people, ordinary people really do live on that a month. My husband worked over 2600 hours last year for a gross income of around £22000 and take home was about £1200 a month. Our taxes are deducted by the employer and we don't file a tax return every year.

The UK's average wage of £26,000 a year gross is calculated taking into account people working in the City of London in banking and stock markets and it artificially elevates that figure. The average gross wage outside of London is a hell of a lot lower.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Lol.. crazy. Take a zero off and that's my property tax.. but its small and in OH.. the last vehicle i bought was 2k..haha

A lot has to do with the income here and the quality of education. I'm not a rich man, but I grew up in one of the richest counties in the nation. Now that my daughter is off to college and im looking at retirement in the next few years I'll be looking to move. In any event we are slightly off topic so I still 1000 isn't that much these days at least not here.

Sri ke

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
I cancelled mine.After seeing the phone in person,I got confused.The hardware isn’t bad but isn’t stunning for the price google wants.It eventually might begin to lag within 2 yrs.I find it hard to make an argument now that you can essentially get an iPhone 8 plus for that money.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I cancelled mine.After seeing the phone in person,I got confused.The hardware isn’t bad but isn’t stunning for the price google wants.It eventually might begin to lag within 2 yrs.I find it hard to make an argument now that you can essentially get an iPhone 8 plus for that money.

If you're referring to Android lagging after a couple years that's really not the case anymore.

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yea highly doubt it's going to lag. No carrier bloat (if unlocked) and no additional manufacturer applications. It's the cleanest OS Android has seen.

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I was reading about the HTC U11 Plus and with my past love for HTC phones I got a quick moment of thought that I was too hasty with the Pixel 2 XL, maybe I should cancel my order and wait for a few more weeks for the HTC announcement. But then I thought of my great time with my current Nexus 6 that I have decided to stick with the P2XL. With Google buying HTC I know that I will be owning HTC phones for years to come.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Just think though, you already have yours while I won't get the Stormtrooper until November 15th.

Haha, true. So when I first ordered I was actually going for the stormtrooper with 2 to 3 weeks wait. I was going to wait but Google kept messing up my trade in and it didn't let me do the final ordering. By the time I deleted the order and put it in again, it was 5 to 6 weeks wait. I said forget it. Going for the black, I will put a case on it anyway, no one will see the color (haha. That's what I kept telling myself to make me feel better)

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dammit; I've ordered the 2 XL 128 twice and cancelled the order twice. Now, I'm sitting here itching to order a third time. I just can't pull the trigger. It's more money than I paid for my first car. I keep telling myself that it's not that much an upgrade from my xl but I see pics and hear stories that prove my xl isn't nearly the phone the 2 xl is.

If I order a third time, I'm afraid that Google will send the guys in white and take me to the loony bin. I had less problems getting a divorce. No not really, but the pain is similar.

What do I do?

Now to complicate matters, From my CL listing, I just got a request to meet and trade my xl for his one month old iPhone 7+ 128. Why can't people leave me alone and let me just melt into oblivion.

How do you peeps feel about this trade?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnathan319