Buyers Remorse. Anyone starting to get it?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I just bought a live case with a photo of my cat on it. Was seriously expensive but I got the tough case so it should protect my phone. I had ordered a case from Amazon but I will have to try and reject the delivery on Monday if the cancellation doesn't go through.

scott1001001

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Screen Issue in less than 24 Hours

I was getting a little annoyed at all of the complaining going on about the screen quality on the Pixel 2 XL.

I don't really care about the blue screen tint, you have to go out of your way to even see it, but within 24 hours...there is a 1/2 inch dark shaded bar at the bottom of the screen. It shows on every page. I know it is a physical issue, screen shots don't show the defect. The device did not come out of the box like this.

I think the screen looks good (besides the obvious), but this defect has me thinking, for > $1000, this phone is going back for a full refund.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Screen Issue in less than 24 Hours

IMG_0042.jpg Yup.. I only had mine 24 hours and noticed while trying to watch a YouTube video there was a dark line across the screen. Overnight it went away while I slept but within an hour of use in the morning it slowly was creeping back in and within 2 - 3 hours it was dark again so I got my RMA and it's going back for a full refund as well. Very disappointing.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screen Issue in less than 24 Hours

View attachment 272408 Yup.. I only had mine 24 hours and noticed while trying to watch a YouTube video there was a dark line across the screen. Overnight it went away while I slept but within an hour of use in the morning it slowly was creeping back in and within 2 - 3 hours it was dark again so I got my RMA and it's going back for a full refund as well. Very disappointing.

That sucks. If that's the top of the phone what exactly is causing that line?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
@Robbie317 Mine doesn't do that. That's the top of your screen (in portrait), so that is something else. Not good though.

I love mine. Had it since Wednesday now. Each day / hour it feels better and better. I really love tie 2 XL. The screen is a bit dull for my taste, and they will make it punchier in a few weeks cool. It's not a big deal either way.

The camera is insanely good, really really good. That portrait mode is incredible. My battery life has been great (better than my XL by a fair amount so far) and the rest is gravy (waterproofing, faster, free Home Mini , now 2 year warranty, 3 years of OS updates, etc).

Sorry for the folks who are having issues. Mine is really great ..

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah and into day 3 it picked up a second line about a third of the way from the bottom just like it and the touchscreen started to lose sensitivity. I could click click click and nothing. Even trying to scroll it didn't move or had a massive delay trying to scroll. I fully believe I just flat out got a bad unit out the box. But with other reports of similar issues I sent it back yesterday for a full refund. I'll let Google and LG figure it all out and maybe revisit the device again in a few months. I'll go back to my Pixel XL for now.

Good luck to all you guys with your devices.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 272408 Yup.. I only had mine 24 hours and noticed while trying to watch a YouTube video there was a dark line across the screen. Overnight it went away while I slept but within an hour of use in the morning it slowly was creeping back in and within 2 - 3 hours it was dark again so I got my RMA and it's going back for a full refund as well. Very disappointing.

Looks like pressure damage. Might have gotten shipped too tight. Def rma.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Note:

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

We should be trying to make polite, productive and respectful comments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen