camera glass protection

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Here's a couple of pics using flash. top pics have protector on.

View attachment 325039
View attachment 325040
View attachment 325041
View attachment 325042
View attachment 325043
View attachment 325044

As I said earlier, this is just a small test and there are so many situations I haven't encountered yet. However, so far I don't really see a difference and from what I've seen (so far) I'm happy.

Thank you for the samples. Please try to take picture of the totally dark room, not of the close objects. The camera on my Note with LK protector produces completely washout, blueish images.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Correct. All one piece. Does a good job and i have similar results as the ones posted here. Good product so far.

Were you ever able to take some pictures in the dark, with the flash? Also, any pictures of the protector up close?

My WSD ones were returned and just got my refund, so I am still considering picking up either the Spigen or Caseology camera glass protectors.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Were you ever able to take some pictures in the dark, with the flash? Also, any pictures of the protector up close?

My WSD ones were returned and just got my refund, so I am still considering picking up either the Spigen or Caseology camera glass protectors.

I haven't taken any outdoor pictures. I did turn off the lights indoors and used the flash to take pictures of staged items. As far as the protector up close do you mean on the camera?

20200901_203639.jpg
20200901_203707.jpg
20200901_203748.jpg
20200901_203847.jpg

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
As far as the protector up close do you mean on the camera?

Off the camera, just the glass itself. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the caseology. I was hoping to see pictures from the Spigen one too, but the Caseology is a dollar cheaper.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I took off the Whitestone Dome camera protector almost immediately yesterday. It made every flash photo completely whitewashed like fog. I put my second ESR protector on and it is fine. The ESR has a cutout for the flash and the WSD does not so I am assuming that is why.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I took off the Whitestone Dome camera protector almost immediately yesterday. It made every flash photo completely whitewashed like fog. I put my second ESR protector on and it is fine. The ESR has a cutout for the flash and the WSD does not so I am assuming that is why.

The LK camera protector, clear version, has the cutouts for the flash and the laser. Still produces blueish washed-out images with a flash. Waiting for a skin to replace the glass protector.

LuckiestLiz

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Pre-order still and specs say polymer film not glass. Still, if the glass is causing any issues covering the lenses this may be a simple solution to still prevent surface scratches.
481f3c209c0092b6ff5f692faa328eb8.jpg

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Got the Caseology ones in today and they are of very nice quality. Photos are still crisp and clear with the protector on.

I was supposed to get mine today, but then I got a notification that said shipping delayed until tomorrow or Monday. I hope its tomorrow, because it probably won't arrive at all after Monday.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I was supposed to get mine today, but then I got a notification that said shipping delayed until tomorrow or Monday. I hope its tomorrow, because it probably won't arrive at all after Monday.

Just be careful when peeling off the thick white backer not to peel off the clear guide handle with it. I was holding it by the clear handle and it peeled off instead of the backer and I had to position it by holding onto the edges of the protector.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Pre-order still and specs say polymer film not glass. Still, if the glass is causing any issues covering the lenses this may be a simple solution to still prevent surface scratches.

This would work for me. Just like my front screen, I use a protector more for just avoiding scratches than for crack protection. I would love glass in front just because of feel but rear won't be running my fingers on glass. Rocking the Spigen Ultra Flex TPU protector and you can't tell it's on unless you take a close look so you probably wont be able to tell on the back camera too without taking a close look.

I'll probably order the same. In this case I wouldn't mind a wet install like Spigen if they have it. Makes aligning and not stretching out the camera holes if it were adhesive.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just be careful when peeling off the thick white backer not to peel off the clear guide handle with it. I was holding it by the clear handle and it peeled off instead of the backer and I had to position it by holding onto the edges of the protector.

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to get another refund since it's not arriving today, and with tomorrow being a holiday, I doubt it'll get delivered at all. Tracking info says it was delivered to the wrong distribution facility. Smh.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

You know what I find interesting - this protector protects the areas surrounding the lens and the flash/laser with cutouts - and it says "lens protector" when in fact it doesn't protect the lens at all, but the surfaces around it (which is what I had been looking for). But if you look at their iPhone 11 Pro Max lens protectors - the protectors specifically fit over each lens to protect the lens from dust and dirt. I just find it really interesting how they approach "protecting" the lens so differently between the iPhone and Note.

I don't know if I am going to bother with any protectors for the camera. I was very high on it at one point... got disappointed with ones that I got that created flare, and so far I've just been using the camera naked without issue. My drive to get a protector has waned a bit as I don't really want to cover the lens and then these protectors like the one listed here - I mean, what I am protecting then - the surface around the lens? Other than the empty space under the laser, there really isn't much to protect.

Oh well, maybe I'll give it another try with something like this one from rhinoshield or something with the cut outs. No one with the caseology or other full coverage protectors have posted any pictures of a dark room with flash so I still don't know if there is any flare with those - but still wondering if I want to cover the lens anyway.

I also can't get a case with a sliding cover for the camera.. I just imagine how many quick shots I'll miss because I couldn't slide that flap in time. lol

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
You know what I find interesting - this protector protects the areas surrounding the lens and the flash/laser with cutouts - and it says "lens protector" when in fact it doesn't protect the lens at all, but the surfaces around it (which is what I had been looking for). But if you look at their iPhone 11 Pro Max lens protectors - the protectors specifically fit over each lens to protect the lens from dust and dirt. I just find it really interesting how they approach "protecting" the lens so differently between the iPhone and Note.

I don't know if I am going to bother with any protectors for the camera. I was very high on it at one point... got disappointed with ones that I got that created flare, and so far I've just been using the camera naked without issue. My drive to get a protector has waned a bit as I don't really want to cover the lens and then these protectors like the one listed here - I mean, what I am protecting then - the surface around the lens? Other than the empty space under the laser, there really isn't much to protect.

Oh well, maybe I'll give it another try with something like this one from rhinoshield or something with the cut outs. No one with the caseology or other full coverage protectors have posted any pictures of a dark room with flash so I still don't know if there is any flare with those - but still wondering if I want to cover the lens anyway.

I also can't get a case with a sliding cover for the camera.. I just imagine how many quick shots I'll miss because I couldn't slide that flap in time. lol

If I ever receive the caseology ones (order number 2 is supposed to be here today, according to Amazon delivery notifications), I will definitely take the same picture I took with the WSD protector, and post the image and let you know if it's any better.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If I ever receive the caseology ones (order number 2 is supposed to be here today, according to Amazon delivery notifications), I will definitely take the same picture I took with the WSD protector, and post the image and let you know if it's any better.

Please take a picture of the completely dark room from the distance with a flash. Thanks.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Just arrived Caseology camera protectors, So took few photos in the dark with flash with the WSD that are still on, So my question is theses Caseology camera protectors not gonna show the bug that WSD shows with flash on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans