Camera problem

eheif

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
When I take a picture indoors using the automatic setting my pictures seem to have a red hue. People almost seem to have a sunburn. Is this unique to my camera or have others experienced this?
What I am saying is it won't take an accurate realistic photo. Any comments?
Is my camera defective or am I not using the right setting?

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I took a panoramic shot in a movie theater a couple nights back before the movie started, and the whole right half of the shot looked almost completely red, devoid of all greens and blues.

iamfuze

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I took a panoramic shot in a movie theater a couple nights back before the movie started, and the whole right half of the shot looked almost completely red, devoid of all greens and blues.

This may slightly be off topic, but how do you take a panoramic shot?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
When I take a picture indoors using the automatic setting my pictures seem to have a red hue. People almost seem to have a sunburn. Is this unique to my camera or have others experienced this?

I noticed the same thing but I later found that its actually the screen colors. If you take that pic and send it to your pc you will notice that red hue is gone. I think its the the screen produces reds. Kinda like super amoled screens produce almost fake colors.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: spants

chesalaam

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I had exactly the same issue at first. thought I was trippin. go to settings in camera and move saturation to -1. looks totally natural now for me

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If you are only seeing this with indoor shots, try changing the mode to "low light" and see if that helps. It really brightens up the pictures indoors for me.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
is anyone else having problems with pictures coming out blurry? almost like the camera is focusing too much and goes out of focus before you can hit the shutter?

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I had exactly the same issue at first. thought I was trippin. go to settings in camera and move saturation to -1. looks totally natural now for me

Yep, yep, yep! I had the same issue! My OG EVO camera was the bomb, & I never had to adjust anything. When I changed the saturation to -1, the pics appear to be almost normal.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Both the camera and the video suck. I was happy with my GSII. I was under the impression that this camera was going to rock. Back to my GSII and will wait for the GSIII.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
My new EvoLTE's camera is 10x
Better than my OG Evo. ,I haven't used video yet...Will try it tomorrow see if it's working better or worse.
sent from my Evo4LTE

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Both the camera and the video suck. I was happy with my GSII. I was under the impression that this camera was going to rock. Back to my GSII and will wait for the GSIII.

One of the main reasons I dumped my E4gt was for an even better camera, my evo3d sucked ass in the camera dept, so went with the E4gt. However so far I am not impressed with any of my photos.

aeroPM

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with all my indoor shots coming out really blurry, while my outside shots were AMAZING. I tried a couple things and noticed that the auto focus tries to focus too far away by default in the A mode. By taping the A in the lower left corner and selecting portrait, the focus and coloring are much improved indoors. Here are a couple sample shots of my dogs.

Using auto mode:
425745b6-d5a9-42c5.jpg

Using portrait mode:
425745b6-d5be-6baf.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: spants

spants

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same thing but I later found that its actually the screen colors. If you take that pic and send it to your pc you will notice that red hue is gone. I think its the the screen produces reds. Kinda like super amoled screens produce almost fake colors.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

This is true. I turned saturation down one level and the pics looked great on my phone. Not so much when I uploaded them to Facebook and looked on my computer.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Funny you said that. I was comapring the pic quality between original nexus and this one, and original nexus has pictures much much sharper than this. Colors are far better too.. I feel like Sprint/we got cheated in this aspect here. I may not return the phone... but can't gulp down this huge dissatisfaction

Pirate#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
is anyone else having problems with pictures coming out blurry? almost like the camera is focusing too much and goes out of focus before you can hit the shutter?

Yes, blurry pics here as well. Very disappointed since my OG EVO 4G took fantastic pics even in low light they weren't bad. Granted it was slow taking pics and occasionally hung while taking pictures non the less they were usually fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen