Camera Update on the way!!!!

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I just received this email from HTC. It also included sample images.

It came through from HTC Champions.

They also sited this link: http://phandroid.com/2015/04/09/htc-one-m9-camera-update-comparison/

Camera quality improvements
Update to the HTC camera is hitting the HTC One M9
An important update will begin rolling out to the HTC One M9 camera improving the overall image quality.
Expected results are:
• Reduced blur in photos thanks to enhanced exposure times
• Increased sharpness in photos making them clear but with a less artificial feeling.
• Reduced image noise
• Improved low light performance and HDR processing
• Better Auto Exposure interface performance when tapping the screen
The camera update is included in the launch software of the Verizon and Sprint variants. The T-Mobile camera update will come in the form of a user initiated over-the-air update on April 20th with the AT&T update coming on April 21st.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I look forward to the changes. However there is one thing with the camera that really puzzles me. I went to Best Buy today and the Samsung sales associate was showing me how good the camera of the S6 was. She asked me to zoom in as far as possible on the far side of the store and take the picture. When I tried to duplicate the same thing with my M9, that's when I saw that the zoom range for the M9 camera is pretty short... See here. Both were taken from the same distance at max zoom, but look how much further the S6 gets and how much cleaner the image is.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 8265.jpg
    8265.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 109
  • 8262.jpg
    8262.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 107

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't see the need for any improvement, but anything is a bonus I guess.

I expect the camera will now have night vision ability and possibly even a bone density scanner - Adam
Then don't update if you don't want improvement ... You love the camera and everything on this phone so much that you don't need any update. But for the rest of us who don't want to carry DSLR as suggested by some of you it will help.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile camera update live now ... Go get it :)

97ef4d26b5fee0b80bc5ce169d234d0b.jpg

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Except Verizon this time, which is odd because they are usually late with everything.
That's fine it's a small update but eventually when its 5.1 or next version of android they are going to be behind. There are always exceptions in a few cases but majority of time they all suck. Sometimes Verizon is first, sometimes T-Mobile but overall they are always late :)

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
That's fine it's a small update but eventually when its 5.1 or next version of android they are going to be behind. There are always exceptions in a few cases but majority of time they all suck. Sometimes Verizon is first, sometimes T-Mobile but overall they are always late :)

That's exactly why I bought unlocked through HTC. I can't believe how long it took AT&T to update the M8 to Lollipop. The M9 was out first. LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84