Can I update an old Android tablet with the brand new Android Go?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi everyone! I have a chinese (but great! The display is amazing) tablet that are stuck on Android 6.0. I'd like to know if the Oreo Go is a good thing for older devices. Did anybody tried to do it?

The device is the FNF Ifive Mini 4S. It runs with a RK3288 processor quad core 1.8 GHz, with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Not likely, unless some enterprising soul has undertaken to make an image for your specific hardware. It's not as simple as just loading an Android Go image - your device has to be rootable, then someone (or a group of someones) has to create an image for it.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The thing with Android is that each build is for a specific device - even for Android One, especially if that device was not part of the Android One project. Unless you want to put in the work, if there is no build for your device for a particular version that version can't be installed on that device.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.