Can someone sway me into rooting my TB?

Littleairjordan1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
What are the major benefits? I've heard free hot spot and free tethering but those aren't that big a deal to me. What does it do to my warranty? Can i remove it? Thanks in advance

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
What are the major benefits? I've heard free hot spot and free tethering but those aren't that big a deal to me. What does it do to my warranty? Can i remove it? Thanks in advance

Perks to rooting
Sense 3.0
Free hotspot
No Verizon software
More apps to chose from
And yes it can be removed

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Green_Laser

C-3PO

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I am currently running sense 3.0 with Gingerbread 2.3.4, I have skype video chat working flawlessly, Netflix working, no reboots and phone is super snappy. I couldn't of made a better decision than to root. Do it, you won't be disappointed at all.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I forgot to mention the word going around is if you don't root before the next ota (gb) you won't be able to root until they find a new way the poor EVO camp has not been able to root for over a month.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Easy......better battery life, gives you the power to make the phone yours.......overclock speed, kernals, flash radios......ROM's the list is endless......I was skeptical about rooting, had phone since launch, then a week later said screw it and did it and am soooooooooo happy I did, no regrets. And yes you can unroot and go back to stock there are plenty of threads on how to do it......go for it you wont be sorry!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i'd love to do this.
last thing i did to my previous smartphone was shrink and load an OS which of course didn't give me any real benefits that rooting does.

two questions, if I follow all the steps to root, is it easy/hard to brick the phone?
and if it does get bricked, can it easily get unbricked?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I am currently running sense 3.0 with Gingerbread 2.3.4, I have skype video chat working flawlessly, Netflix working, no reboots and phone is super snappy. I couldn't of made a better decision than to root. Do it, you won't be disappointed at all.

THIS is what I want! :)

Littleairjordan1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How does the sense 3.0 run on the TB? Smoothly? That looks really cool. Also what does this do to my contract between me and verizon? Anything? Does it void my warranty?

Kimmy71

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

That sounds like a dream!

Psykonate

Mar 21, 2011
www.insidenathanshead.com
I was nervous about rooting mine but after doing it, you couldn't convince me to go back to stock. My phone is way faster, battery life has at least doubled, I have netflix, Skype with video, Sense 3.0 with 3D affect to it, and FAR better support than you will EVER get from VZW!

Sent from my Thunderbolt infected with Gingeritis

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone near lake Orion Michigan that would like to root my bolt for a 6 pack of beer? Let me know. I'm for real. You name the beer and its all yours. Lol.. Mmm beer, is there anything it can't do?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Rooting in and of itself doesn't void your warranty, its what you do after that really causes it. Rooting gives you the ability to make aftermarket changes to the way the hardware is accessed. Eg - overclocking, ramdisk changes, and other out of bounds changes to technical specifications that push your phone beyond its limits. Why should person A, who did not root their phone but legitimately has a manufacturer defect, be forced to wait for a replacement phone because person B, who rooted and overclocked way past their phones capabilities thereby frying their CPU, tried getting it replaced through warranty? It's not really fair to the stock users who are operating within manufacturer parameters. It's just like on a PC, you buy an HP computer stock and its covered as it comes. But once you crack the seal on that case and start fidgeting around under the hood, adding hardware or overclocking the parts, you lose your right to manufacturer defect coverage.

Other than that, as long as you use common sense, read way ahead before doing anything, and don't push the limits, you can really play safe with root. It's benefits outweigh the cost hands down. Be glad you have an HTC phone where unlocked bootloaders and easy control over ROMing and Kernels are a breeze. You could be on a Motorola phone without ever seeing past the most current leaked version of Android.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Use Cory's guide, he made it relatively simple and straight forward to use. Best thing to is read, read, and read some more till you feel comfortable before trying. DriodXcon does an excellent guide as well, just better with Cory's guide I'd say being a first timer!

One other piece of advice I could is give is grab a notepad and write out the steps ons what you like to do with your phone on rooting and what Rom/Kernel/Radio you want to use. There some really good how-to guides in the Root/ROM forums up above.

Do be scared to ask questions either, these guys here on the boards will answer pretty quick and are really knowledgeable. Yes I even seen a mod ask a question in regards to a problem and get some help. Like I said just ask away and if we can help you and someone will!

As far as the plus to root, I agree with all that has been stated. The big plus is for me is battery and bloatware removal. I can also adjust my radios as needed by conditions to improve reliability.