Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

BBarnaby

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
i ordered on dec 3 at 3:05:03... 1-2 week... got no shipping email or any charge on my cc either...this is pure bull

Call google. Tell them your not happy, the CSA will initiate a request for a report on the status of your order. I did that last night, but I can't really say if that helped or today was just my day.

VertigoM

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
OMG.

Just received my Nexus 4 ZAGG InvisibleShield Maximum coverage which I bought from ebay on Nov 20!! WTF GOOGLE... I ORDERED YOUR PHONE 2 WEEKS LATER AND STILL MY SP COMES FASTER THAN U!!!

Errr....what??? Do you even think before you type? If you ordered your phone AFTER then of course the screen protector will arrive first. LOL!:D

Salinger

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Forgive me if this has already been posted. Are there any 1-2 week eta people who have yet to get a shipping confirmation? If so what is your location?

Yup, me. No confirmation, no charge to my card even which leads me to believe mine is nowhere near being shipped. I'm in Toronto.

haywung

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I had 1-2 week shipping and am without a shipping notice yet. Vancouver.

Been check my status like crazy! Still saying "pre-ordered"

Forgive me if this has already been posted. Are there any 1-2 week eta people who have yet to get a shipping confirmation? If so what is your location?

dpgnas

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Im In vancouver and today morning i got an email from google

Great news! Your order on Google Play has shipped. Track the status of your package UPS. Note that it may take 24 hours for your tracking number to return any information.

Order date: Dec 3, 2012 12:05:22 PM PST

Hope this helps others

also does anyone know if the phones LTE will work with fido and rogers??
thanks

ps i saw the drop test and this phone will shatter to pieces if you dont get a case i recommend everyone getting one OR ELSE YOULL HAVE TO DEAL WITH GOOGLES AMAZING WAIT TIME AND SHIPPING :)

Teenwolf76

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I ordered that case. It is supposed to be a great case as far as I found in reviews. Rogers will give you a new SIM. They don't care as they still have you under contract.

I ordered it too. If it turns out to be a sub-par case, then I'm out 8 bucks. I'll live.

I called Bell and they will charge 5 bucks for a micro SIM. They also charge $20 for the phone activation. I'm gonna try to cut the SIM and see how that works out.

MrNinjaPanda

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Received my shipment email today morning. Immediately checked UPS and it said that they shipped yesterday. By the way, my old phone uses normal SIM card, so I will have to get a micro-SIM. Once I receive my phone, do I just go to any Rogers store to buy a micro-SIM or does it have to pre-ordered or something? And should I get an LTE SIM card, will it still work once Google disables the LTE hack?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 12

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Received my shipment email today morning. Immediately checked UPS and it said that they shipped yesterday. By the way, my old phone uses normal SIM card, so I will have to get a micro-SIM. Once I receive my phone, do I just go to any Rogers store to buy a micro-SIM or does it have to pre-ordered or something? And should I get an LTE SIM card, will it still work once Google disables the LTE hack?
Looks like you will get yours before me even though mine shipped first. My deliver day is Thursday probably because they have to go through the frozen Alberta tundra to get to soaking wet BC ;-)
It actually makes sense now how Google did the shipping. The people farthest away look like they got most of the shipping notices first. People living in the East are a lot closer to Kentucky so I would assume they will be getting theirs a lot faster.

Yes you will need an LTE sim card. It will work on HSPA+ too even if it's been disabled. Just be aware according to Mobile syrup, the phone reverts back to ?WCDMA Preferred? in the Phone Information menu upon reboot. This means that you?re going to have to enable ?LTE/GSM auto? every time you restart the phone. You can download an app to quickly jump into the menu, but it?s a stopgap measure at best. We?re sure some custom ROM maker is going to build LTE into the phone sooner rather than later, but for now be aware that you?ll have to perform the change every time you restart.

Second, it appears that Google Now does not work when connected to an LTE network. It doesn?t seem to be APN-related, either; it works when ?LTE Only? is selected in the Phone Information menu. It appears that something about setting ?LTE/GSM? disables the data connection to Google Now. We?re investigating this issue and caution you on using LTE on the Nexus 4 if you rely heavily on that service.

Full article here: How to enable LTE on the Nexus 4 with Rogers, Telus or Bell (video) | MobileSyrup.com

Salinger

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you will get yours before me even though mine shipped first. My deliver day is Thursday probably because they have to go through the frozen Alberta tundra to get to soaking wet BC ;-)
It actually makes sense now how Google did the shipping. The people farthest away look like they got most of the shipping notices first. People living in the East are a lot closer to Kentucky so I would assume they will be getting theirs a lot faster.
[/url]

Given the pathetic manner in which Google has handled practically every aspect of this launch, I think you're giving them far too much credit for thinking that logically. ;)

Spuffy

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to you guys :) Still patiently awaiting my shipping order, in Pre-Order period still. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow to a nice shipping surprise! Android 4.2 looks awesome. I used a froyo version phone for a week 2 years ago... so really it will be a great new experience to get 4.2 jelly bean! Must say, gesture swipe and the camera UI seem to be what I will probably enjoy most!

plotsy_aces

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ordered at 3:06:45, estimated shipping 3-4 weeks. Status hasn't changed until today, from pending to pre-ordered. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But my friend ordered at 3:08 with shipping estimate of 5-6 and got his shipping notification yesterday... Safe to say I am beyond disappointed. But can anyone elaborate on the change from pending to pre-ordered? Can't figure out whether it's good or bad

Salinger

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Congrats to you guys :) Still patiently awaiting my shipping order, in Pre-Order period still. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow to a nice shipping surprise! Android 4.2 looks awesome. I used a froyo version phone for a week 2 years ago... so really it will be a great new experience to get 4.2 jelly bean! Must say, gesture swipe and the camera UI seem to be what I will probably enjoy most!

Has your credit card been charged yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174