Cannot connect to PC via USB after software update

ewizzza

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm desperate and I can't seem to find a solution to this. Everything seemed to work so well since I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 2 weeks ago. I could transfer files into the phone itself. However after a recent software upgrade, the PC couldn't detect the phone anymore. It says that the device is not properly installed.

Here's what I've done or have currently right now:
-updated version of Samsung Kies
-Enabled USB debugging
-checked for latest software upgrades (mine is currently the latest)
- the phone is detected in the device manager but it says that is ins not installed properly
- tried troubleshooting via the windows troubleshoot to update the driver but it wasn't able to update
- manually downloaded the USB driver (from this site Samsung Andorid USB Driver for Windows | SAMSUNG Developers) but it didn't install

phone specs:
android 4.4.2
baseband N9005XXUENC2
kernel 3.4.0-1168347
build KOT49h.N9005XXUEND3

There's one thing. I dropped my phone from about a 3 ft table. It was in a case. I doubt it has an effect... Or would it have an effect??

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm desperate and I can't seem to find a solution to this. Everything seemed to work so well since I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 2 weeks ago. I could transfer files into the phone itself. However after a recent software upgrade, the PC couldn't detect the phone anymore. It says that the device is not properly installed.

Here's what I've done or have currently right now:
-updated version of Samsung Kies
-Enabled USB debugging
-checked for latest software upgrades (mine is currently the latest)
- the phone is detected in the device manager but it says that is ins not installed properly
- tried troubleshooting via the windows troubleshoot to update the driver but it wasn't able to update
- manually downloaded the USB driver (from this site Samsung Andorid USB Driver for Windows | SAMSUNG Developers) but it didn't install

phone specs:
android 4.4.2
baseband N9005XXUENC2
kernel 3.4.0-1168347
build KOT49h.N9005XXUEND3

There's one thing. I dropped my phone from about a 3 ft table. It was in a case. I doubt it has an effect... Or would it have an effect??

Well, have you tried connecting your device via some other USB cable ? Why I am getting a feel that there is some problem with the USB, well you can try one more thing try connecting to your PC using the "Kies via WiFi" if it connects up then I think the problem surely lies inside the USB cable.

ewizzza

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for replying, Kelly. I have tried using USB cable my friend uses on hos Note 2. It didn't work either. But I'll try to find exact the same USB cable for Note 3. (But it shouldn't make a difference, should it?).

I'll try both of your suggestions. I will get back to the thread after I tested them.

Thanks again!

ewizzza

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't find the connect via Kies from settings>connection... it should be below the screen mirroring option.
I also reinstalled the USB driver via Kies and still cannot connect.
View attachment 115895
I guess my last option is to look for exact the same USB cable.

And also, I failed to mention that my phone is charging via the USB port.

----
Just wanna ask, does dropping my phone have anything to do with the problem I have right now? My instincts tell me it doesn't. everything else is working fine except for connecting to PC but is it possible?

ewizzza

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried it on 2 other computers and it worked. (so the problem is not on the USB cable)

however, in my personal laptop it doesnt work.
I tried reinstalling the drivers via kies but didn't work.

How do I delete old drivers i installed? i worry that i had too many versions of the drivers installed thus making it unreadable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332