Can't download latest update

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys. I had received a replacement Turbo 2 from the manufacturer through the factory warranty a few days ago and it came with 24.14.16.en.US installed. That's not the current build according to VZW website. And I also know that because I had a more recent build on the phone that this one replaced. After checking for a system update daily ever since I got this replacement, it has been repeatedly saying that it's up to date but I know it's not. What's the best and safest way for me to get this thing to the current version 24.31.22?

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I've tried that as well and it said the same thing that the phone did. Just wondering why this phone isn't getting it even though it's the same model as my last one and my last one had it.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I had received a replacement Turbo 2 from the manufacturer through the factory warranty a few days ago and it came with 24.14.16.en.US installed. That's not the current build according to VZW website. And I also know that because I had a more recent build on the phone that this one replaced. After checking for a system update daily ever since I got this replacement, it has been repeatedly saying that it's up to date but I know it's not. What's the best and safest way for me to get this thing to the current version 24.31.22?

Hi, same thing here, I just received my Turbo 2 replacement phone from Verizon, and same here, it will not update to the latest version and no security updates, still on May 2016, also tried the Verizon Motorola software update assistant, on a USB 2.0 with the original Motorola USB cable and a brand new cable, no luck. Went into a corporate Verizon store and they were clueless, told me that my phone was on the latest update, even after telling them the phone I turned in was on 6.0.1 with the September or October security update, can't remember which it was.
Not a big deal but I can't understand how Verizon sees this phone as "up to date" when it is obviously not up to date. Also in the update area where it "says last system update"
It clearly states "none applied" so the phone is actually stating it has received no updates at all.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I do know that Verizon stages updates so many the imei of the phone you have still hasn't been updated to receive the update, and I'd guess they haven't updated the online upgrade assistant yet (maybe because they haven't rolled it out 100% yet.) So, bad luck maybe?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone is a work phone, just talked to the Verizon business customer tech support people, and they said that the phone should have updated when I set it up, had me do a factory reset, still didn't update, had me try using the "software update assistant" still didn't update. There sending me another phone out this week. According to tech support version 24.31.22 is the current software version for the Turbo 2

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Yeah those Verizon store associates are worthless unless it's about selling you something. I may have a theory about why both of our phones are having this issue. It'll depend if your phone is in the same state mine is in though...I noticed that my phone no longer has DT Ignite. My other phone did have it. The reason I'm thinking this might be significant is because I've heard that, although that app fills your phone with bloatware, it also allows your phone to receive system updates quicker and more seamlessly. To look to see if your phone is missing it as well, go into apps under settings, tap the three vertical dots on the top right, and select "show system". Scroll down and look for DT Ignite and see if it's in your list of apps. If not, that may be part of the issue if I'm thinking correctly. Anyone that can verify or disprove this, please fill us in!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that my phone no longer has DT Ignite. My other phone did have it. The reason I'm thinking this might be significant is because I've heard that, although that app fills your phone with bloatware, it also allows your phone to receive system updates quicker and more seamlessly.
Aha! I hadn't thought of this.

However, I do know that plenty of people disable DT Ignite, but they still seem to get system updates.

DT Ignote should certainly be in settings / apps, maybe in the list of disabled apps, if it was disabled for some reason. You could try re-enabling it?

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I've checked and it's nowhere to be found. I've looked at all the disabled apps too. I really do wonder if that might help if I was able to download it to my phone. That's not a Google Play app so I'm not even sure where I'd find it.

T79phoenix

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
So I finally got an update today to the most recent version. There was one thing I did the day before I received it but I'm thinking it was coincidence. I had went into the settings and made it to where the developer options showed up. For those of you who don't know how that's done, you go into settings, About Phone, and keep tapping Build Number until it tells you you're a developer. Once I opened the developer options though, I deselected the options toggle, so I didn't do anything with it. Like I said, it's probably a coincidence but I'm just letting you know what my system of events were.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz