Can't Get Into Reboot Recovery

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have seen a couple posts that talk about this issue but they never quite clearly indicate exactly how to resolve the matter.

I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus, boot loader unlocked, rooted. Installed Rom Manager. Created a backup. I then attempted to reboot into recovery mode to flash a ROM and I get an Android icon with a red diamond and exclamation point. It eventually boots back into the OS.

I found a thread that discusses deleting "system/recovery-from-boot.p" file. Astro won't let me do it. Any file manager I download won't let me do it. I considered paying for Root Explorer but I'd rather not spend the money if it will also not let me delete the file.

Additionally, isn't this file my recovery image created with Rom Manager?

The string on XDA developer is not very clear about this matter. It indicated I must permanently install CWM and discusses deleting the aforementioned file and "flashing" the same file I used to root again.

Bottom line. Can anyone help me with a set of instructions as I am pretty much frozen in time with an unlocked and rooted Galaxy that I can't flash a ROM onto.

Is deleting this file the solution or is there more to it? Will I destroy my nandroid backup image as well. HELP!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
well first off I think ES explorer allows you root access l. 2nd what happens when you reflash recovery from rom manager

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love root explorer and have gotten my money out of that app so I'm sure if you do purchase it you will use if often. Since that's the only file manager I use on my phone I'm not sure what others will let you rename files.

A quick fix is to flash CWR in rom manager again then boot to recovery and this can be performed over and over again but renaming the file is the only way to prevent flashing over and over again.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I love root explorer and have gotten my money out of that app so I'm sure if you do purchase it you will use if often. Since that's the only file manager I use on my phone I'm not sure what others will let you rename files.

A quick fix is to flash CWR in rom manager again then boot to recovery and this can be performed over and over again but renaming the file is the only way to prevent flashing over and over again.

This.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have purchased Root Explorer and deleted the file as indicated.

What must I do exactly from here? Run SDK? Flash the toro img file again?

Now I am see advise about running ROM Manager again, making another recovery and renaming it.

What will let me into reboot recovery so I can flash this ROM!!! LOL!!!

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Go into ROM Manager and reflash Clockwork. As long as you deleted, re-named, or moved the stock recovery file, Clockwork will stick after a reboot now

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!

I remember reading this process or renaming it with a .back extension. Where should I rename and move the new backup file too?

mdryden

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been following the same steps just to even access the recovery mode in cwm.

I have a droid x2 and have full root yet i can't access recovery mode as i just get the droid triangle...

I found that you should delete or change the file recovery-from-boot.p but when i try to delete this or change it in root explorer, it tells me that i cannot as it is a read only file.

Any other help maybe?

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This worked for me... download the recovery you want... (make sure it supports your phone first as it is pointless to flash a recovery that is not compatible)... place in root of SD like normal... now download flashing.apk and install... use flashimg app to flash your recovery... follow prompts if any... should reboot into recovery... may take a few min of course... enjoy...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484