Can't Sync New Galaxy A9+ with S8+, any help?

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
I can't get the new images in the S8+ gallery to synchronize with a new A9+ tablet. I successfully transfered images from S8+ using Smart Switch. However, new images taken with either do not load in the other. TIA, Mark

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Are they networked in any way?

Do they share an account that is backed up in the cloud? Google Photos, Google Drive, DropBox that share the same account?

Are you saying that everything syncs when you run SmartSwitch but nothing syncs when you don't?

I believe I am reading your post correctly and if I am you have not mentioned any mechanism by which these two devices are supposed to communicate. SmartSwitch is not a syncing application other than the intentional transfer of data between devices. This does not carry on beyond this exchange as far as I am aware. If you were backing up an account, in this case you mention photos, to the same service one would expect to see the same information in places that access this account. i.e. Backing up data to Google Drive from your phone and then accessing it via your laptop by logging into your Google account. You might also have some sync if you were backing things up to your Samsung account. You may also not have sync if one is a tablet and the other a phone as the information being backed up may differ. However if we're talking photos and videos I could see those things syncing across the board. I don't do this so I'm not saying that it would but it is something I could imagine.

Let us know if this answers your question or provide a bit more information about how you picture this sync happening, if you're using the same accounts or anything else that you think would help us help you.

BarbarianCBX

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Vid.Junky, you answered my questions. I was hoping to automatically upload images/vids on each device as the images/vids are taken. I'll manually upload them to our Google Drive when taken and manually download them to the other device.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you turn on a cloud backup the images will virtually be updated as you take them. Using Goggle Photo's automatic backup feature, Samsung Backup, or DropBox will sync the images to your account making them nearly instantly available on devices logged into that account. Most of these services have upload times so it isn't instant but it should be daily for all and maybe 2 or 3 times a day for others. That would save you the trouble and effort of manually uploading and it offers a level of protection against accidental loss. Like if a device were to get wet, lost or damaged, auto backup means that most if not all of your photos and videos would be safe on the cloud and retrievable even if the device is unrecoverable. We get a lot of posts around here, help my phone won't turn on how do I get my pics back, and a bird swooped down out of nowhere and dropped my phone in a pond and I've lost everything what do I do? It's better to backup and not need it than to wish you had when you do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards