Question Galaxy a7 fitted new power conector

welshcarl

Aug 17, 2023
Visit site
I recently fitted a new charging port in my galaxy a7 tab, the tablet was still on when removing the screen and while removing the battery connector a slight slip and a small spark occurred, however after reassemble and power up I've lost about 1/3 of the screen and when I try to enter my password the screen either freezes or icon images replicate away and tab becomes unresponsive.
Any help or advice please to try and resolve ?20230817_153422.jpg20230817_153440.jpg
20230817_153422.jpg20230817_153440.jpg

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
First thing I'd try is taking it back apart and ensuring all the connections are secure.

If that doesn't help, you could try a new screen... you may just be better off resigning yourself to the fact that you killed it though and save the cash.

Where was this spark? battery cable? and do you think it was a static discharge or did you short it?

Reactions: B. Diddy

welshcarl

Aug 17, 2023
Visit site
First thing I'd try is taking it back apart and ensuring all the connections are secure.

If that doesn't help, you could try a new screen... you may just be better off resigning yourself to the fact that you killed it though and save the cash.

Where was this spark? battery cable? and do you think it was a static discharge or did you short it?
Don't think it's the screen as every time I reposition/move the tab it's the same left 1/3 side missing through all 4 configurations, although the complete screen images have also shifted a 1/3 way across the screen, not static discharge it did seem like a short