Cases anyone?

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
In the sixth pic down I can see the top of the bottom half is bowed out by the hinge, that's the issue, too much space... it needed to be slightly smaller cut for a tighter fit. Honestly the other edges look a little rough cut as well. Plus the kevlar doesn't seem to be as nice looking as the Benks either

Lew from Unbox Therapy is the owner and designer of those cases.... they didn't used to be cheap. It looks like the quality has went down unfortunately

Definitely the issue with the molding and fit... I reached out to him after I posted here so just waiting to hear back for the return.. I'm not sure if it's just this one case came out bad on the molding.. my pixel case is a perfect fit I've had it on that phone since the first day I got it and I have not used anything else...

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So a bunch of big promises turned into just YouTuber merch. Shocking
I used to follow Unbox Therapy in the early days of his channel... but as he started growing he was involved in some controversies, including one involving the Latercase, and started heading in a direction I didn't really like, so I stopped watching.

Besides Unbox Therapy he had a channel called Lew Later, where he talked about different things other than the unboxing videos. One of those things was the perfect phone case in his opinion, hence the name "Latercase".

He actually didn't truly design the Latercase, he was reviewing a case from a small upstart Chinese company who thought his large audience would help them get noticed (he was quite big by then), and he "borrowed" their idea to create the Latercase. That's where the Latercase controversy started... but he had a habit of being involved in controversies if you know what I mean 😉

I actually believe he has his cases produced in China. "A Little Ironic, Don't You Think" as Alanis Morissette would say lol.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Yep I've heard all the rumblings I know a lot of people won't buy from him anymore.... I don't follow him but I have bought a couple of cases that turned out pretty good in the past but you can also shop for some similar cases on AliExpress.. there are a bunch of good ones out there with no names... Obviously some are better than others and your mileage may vary depending on what gets delivered..

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Definitely the issue with the molding and fit... I reached out to him after I posted here so just waiting to hear back for the return.. I'm not sure if it's just this one case came out bad on the molding.. my pixel case is a perfect fit I've had it on that phone since the first day I got it and I have not used anything else...
Their customer service was excellent.. they got back to me right away I sent them a video with the issue and they are going to send a replacement and are going to make sure that they check the case before they ship it out to me... I will keep everyone posted once I receive a new one...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Latercases are usually nice cases, and it seems the price has come down. Plus it sounds like you're getting great customer service 😉 I'm sure the next one will be fine.

Dealing with a Canadian site for a return is way better than dealing with a site from China, that alone is a huge benefit which I would actually pay extra for 👍

I wish more things were local...

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Replacement is a perfect fit...lower part snug ...
e3089ec99d4635de3d05becff4365cc5.jpg
8deac25348ab48585da10c21c335ae1a.jpg
8687f9860b6f5827a4ec8b899d19e35a.jpg

Reactions: J Dubbs and Zolti

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
That looks nicer all the way around...sharp! 👍 They made sure and send you a proper looking replacement just like they said... that's rare for a company nowadays 😃 Honestly with your experience I'd buy from them 👍👍

Thanks for sharing 😊

I wonder if they make a case for the 6 Pro? 🤔 lol.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
That looks nicer all the way around...sharp! They made sure and send you a proper looking replacement just like they said... that's rare for a company nowadays Honestly with your experience I'd buy from them

Thanks for sharing

I wonder if they make a case for the 6 Pro? lol.

Yes search for them coupon codes if you’re interested…

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz