Contact disapeared

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
I had the strangest thing happened. One of my contacts disappeared from my phone, not just the entry in the address book, but also the messages and call history. I was texting with her a week ago, so the happend since then. Vo updates installed for at least a month.

I created a new contact with just her name and phone number (got it from a group chat that did not go away) and saved it. Without doing anything else everything is back, including all the information that was in the contact record.

Samsung Fold 4.
One UI 5.1
Kernel Feb 23 2023
AT&T

Andy Reyes2

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
i have backup turned on in the options. I think that goes to the Samsung cloud. ATT also backs them up. Google does not back up contacts but does back up messages and call history.

The thing is that the restore of everything happened automatically as soon as I created a contact with the name and phone number. It is as if the data was hidden somewhere and when I created the contact, it came back.

What really worries me is why all the stuff went away. I looked in the blocked phone numbers and it is not there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i have backup turned on in the options. I think that goes to the Samsung cloud. ATT also backs them up. Google does not back up contacts but does back up messages and call history.

The thing is that the restore of everything happened automatically as soon as I created a contact with the name and phone number. It is as if the data was hidden somewhere and when I created the contact, it came back.

What really worries me is why all the stuff went away. I looked in the blocked phone numbers and it is not there.
Im thinking possible a problem with one of those back ups, i use google and haven't run into this issue