Crap, looks like my turn for a new phone...

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My Rezound keeps crashing on me. Maybe it is Sense crashing. All I know is that it keeps going to the white HTC screen then reloading and it's getting really frustrating.

I was ready to activate my iPhone so I could at have a useful phone, but was afraid Verizon would not send me a new phone or whatever, if I was not currently using it.

I have to wait til tomorrow to call on another phone so they'll talk to me about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
They always advise you to call from another phone lol. So you could just swap out the SIM cards. I have to call myself to have another Rezound sent out.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
So are you in the phone and using it when it crashes? Or is it in a "boot loop" where it is completely unusable and just keeps rebooting?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
just to keep up with the cool kids, my rezound decided that it didn't want to charge anymore yesterday. no matter what cord or what I did to it, it just gave up. They are send out a replacement as we speak, but damn, my clnr lasted longer than this brand new one

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
just to keep up with the cool kids, my rezound decided that it didn't want to charge anymore yesterday. no matter what cord or what I did to it, it just gave up. They are send out a replacement as we speak, but damn, my clnr lasted longer than this brand new one

I think I might be one of the very few early adopters of the Rezound that still has the originally purchased phone from November. Also, I might have massively jinxed myself.

Edit:
161737_100001973781964_342115_n.jpg

(Post count)

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think I might be one of the very few early adopters of the Rezound that still has the originally purchased phone from November. Also, I might have massively jinxed myself.

Yeah I am pretty sure you just did yourself in.....an to do it with your 1000th post....bummer

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My Rezound keeps crashing on me. Maybe it is Sense crashing. All I know is that it keeps going to the white HTC screen then reloading and it's getting really frustrating.

I was ready to activate my iPhone so I could at have a useful phone, but was afraid Verizon would not send me a new phone or whatever, if I was not currently using it.

I have to wait til tomorrow to call on another phone so they'll talk to me about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

You have to call with the specific phone that you want warrantied on an active line. Of course, if it isn't active now, simply activate it, then call in to talk to a tier 2 tech. You do not need to wait any time before calling, it should immediately be in their system.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

I have my original Rezound. I didn't buy it as early as November though, so the jinx doesn't apply to me.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Having purchased around Jan / Feb, I hope this phone is stable over the long run. Although, around midnight last night, I watched it flash to the white HTC screen and reboot itself.

Over the weekend, after using the camcorder and camera pretty extensively, the phone rebooted itself.

I'm guessing these phones just know when a reboot is critical and does it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

I bought mine in November and it's still going strong - although it is subject to the occasional HTC Sense reboot (white screen of suspended animation?) and the irritating dropping of 4G/connectivity (now that we finally have 4G in my home area to drop). It is still one of the best phones I've had - I pretty much live on the dang thing (having retired my desktop to work, my laptops to the occasional large report or spreadsheet, and even the tablets to miscellaneous fun & games...).

While there will always be 'something better' coming out next week, I'll stick with the 'Zound as one of the best (and most underrated & disregarded) phones on the market today. As long as Dovahkiin keeps his jinx to himself, I'm happy...

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm right with you

I wonder if the white HTC screen most people are taling about is when Android needs to kill sense to run whatever it's currently doing.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to have a pattern. I am using the phone, then 4g drops, then sense crashes, then the reboot.

It has been getting worse the past few weeks. When I called, they told me I'd probably be getting a new phone sent out.

The only thing that sucks is having to download all my apps again.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to have a pattern. I am using the phone, then 4g drops, then sense crashes, then the reboot.

It has been getting worse the past few weeks. When I called, they told me I'd probably be getting a new phone sent out.

you can use an app like astro to backup and restore apps. it won't restore app data though, for that, you can use titanium backup or similar, if you have root (astro doesn't require root). it should theoretically restore apps from google automatically, but for some reason, sometimes it doesn't work.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and downloaded Astro. Had it on my Incredible, just didnt realize it backed up apps.

I also will back up everything with titanium though I don't think ill root the replacement phone. With all the problems I am seeing with the rezound, I'll probably just go back to using my iPhone.

MrNate

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I guess I should contact them. I'm constantly losing 4g (all data really) and its crashing more often, too.

Sent from the Bluetooth link to my brain using Tapatalk.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
They will likely tell you to do a factory reset (heck it might fix it). Also if youre rooted you could try clearing cache/fix permissions.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
With every other CLNR that I have gotten with my Charge and Fascinate, the back door was not included. This is my second replacement and I have gotten 3 doors so far (someone really messed up with the first one and they sent me two)....

Is this the norm with HTC devices?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao