CWM Recovery being replaced by Stock

anon(61233)

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the cwm recovery installed, but when i go into rom manager and go to reboot into recovery it goes back to the stock recovery. how do i get the CWM recovery to stick?

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
1. Install Root Explorer from the market and delete /system/reboot-from-recovery.p – *Mount as R/W first*
2. Go back into ROM Manager and flash recovery again.
3. Enjoy a permanent CWM Recovery.

ivanrooni

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: CWM Recovery being replaced by Stock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. That was nice and easy. What do you reccomend for the first rom?

GummyNEx 0.7.6/ Imolean 1.90 / Android 4.0.4 radios Working well for me. Battery Life on the Imsolean1,90 is good.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used AOKP , the AOKP Milestone 3 was the last version I used of it .
I am using CodeName Android 1.3.3 currently . They are both great Roms .
There are some differences but few I recommend trying them both out .
Then pick which you prefer its kinda tough tho ,,,to choose which one between those two :D
Edit:
I used Pete's Bugless Beast as well but was a few versions ago no complaints with the actual smoothness of it.
It's a stock looking Rom,just not as much customizations to it ,but stable.
I also used a modified version of Pete's Bugless Beast called Bugless Beast Remix by McD but he hasnt updated it since 1/20

Last edited:

santosh chavan

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: updation to lollipop

Dear Sir,
I have micromax unite2 A106 Model and recently i increased my internal storage by using cwm automake software.
and now i got lollipop updating message so i downloaded from
setting >about phone > soft update.
after that it restarts and goes to boot menu, there i am not getting what to select. There is no option like update and restart. Please help me
waiting for your kind reply