Dang it AT&T! I wanted a better box!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing this, and let me set the record straight. At&t does NOT throw away the old samsung box. Samsung fulfils the orders to its customers specs. Each carrier has a custom box (yes, they are all different) for their custom model of Note 7. Each box contains a customized Note 7 (with the carrier software loaded and in most cases the carrier branding on the device), a customized instruction manual, a custom sim card, and all in the custom box. Samsung does all of that... not AT&T directly.

So if they run out of stock of the blue note 7, it's not because they are busy re-boxing the device. It's how they come from the factory.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
That sucks. I'm with Verizon and was concerned that we'd get crappy re-branded boxes (expecting a white box with a big Verizon logo on the box), but was pleasantly surprised to see from other Verizon customers who have posted pictures (I haven't got mine delivered yet - it will not be delivered until tomorrow). :-\ If its any consolation at least you can say you got your phone before me, and a ton of other people and aren't waiting for it to arrive tomorrow. Where you probably could walk into a store and buy it before it gets delivered to people who pre-ordered...

You will be the one to get the white box with the big red V on it. 😂

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Because their service is the best in my area. I hate sprint, I'm not going to tmobile and I'm just not into Verizon.

Bottom line: it's not enough to switch for but it stinks that I get a crappy box mainly because it seems they have to go out of their way to do it and why? AT&T is already in the phone itself. Plus my note edge came without headphones even though Samsung package ones came with them.

Sorry you didn't get headphones. That sucks. A lot.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That comparison was...well...let's just say it didn't work.

But like I previously stated, if that were so much of an area of contention for so long, leave them. I never understood why folks complain about a company, yet stay. I leave if I'm unhappy. Simple. To each, their own.

Either way, I assume that you will be enjoying your phone....so congrats agead of time in getting it!

1) the comparison does work, you just don't like it. Obviously i'm being sarcastic, but the idea is the same. There's a line at which everyone cares what their phone comes in. To me, that line is different than yours. That's okay, I want the full Samsung experience. I didn't buy the Samsung Note 7 to get more of an AT&T experience, I get that with their service.

2) I haven't left AT&T over this because it's the smallest complaint I have about all the major companies. As I've stated a dozen times, I get that it's a "first world problem" and not as big a deal as other things. But I still dislike it and see no point. I'm not angry about it, but it is like a small pebble in my shoe that starts to be irritating.

If no consumers ever draw lines on what they'll accept, companies would run CRAZY in screwing us all over. How we react when those lines are crossed, varies. To me, the reaction here isn't that one should leave the company, but I think the proper response is to simply let the company know we don't love what they did, and as one guy on here got a $60 credit, sometimes they'll listen. It's worth a shot.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Dang that sux, it's also kinda odd when the AT&T branded S7E came in the Samsung box and not the normal AT&T packaging.. Here's hoping that you just got shorted on the headphones and you can have them send you a set, the S7E came with those as well.

Cheers,

BR

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I wonder why the note got these janky boxes and the S7s got the same sweet packaging as on other carriers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Someone crashed into our local AT&T today...maybe its because they werent happy with their packaging?
(This seriously happened lol. Hopefully no Note 7s were injured in the process)

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2016-08-19-17-04-41.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2016-08-19-17-04-41.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 63

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Someone crashed into our local AT&T today...maybe its because they werent happy with their packaging?
(This seriously happened lol. Hopefully no Note 7s were injured in the process)

I absolutely feel that person is justified if they did that because of the packaging.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I absolutely feel that person is justified if they did that because of the packaging.

I have to agree. I am with verizon but I feel for you guys! I havent received my phone yet (been out for delivery since 8am..sigh) but the box looks beautiful!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree. I am with verizon but I feel for you guys! I havent received my phone yet (been out for delivery since 8am..sigh) but the box looks beautiful!

Funny thing is, while I was getting rocked on here for wanting the nice box, I unboxed my wife's AT&T Galaxy S7 on Wednesday, and the whole time I was thinking: "PLEASE say they put my Note in a nice box like this!" And then yesterday I got home and my wife's S7 box was in the trash......She clearly wasn't impressed.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I got my Note 7 at 10:00 AM this morning, walked out the door of the store at about 10:45 AM, got home at about 11:05 AM and my horrendous looking AT&T Box will sit here for the next two years... while I enjoy the hell out of my new phone!

AT&T_3.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981