Data Plan when switching from BB to Maxx

itsskeemz

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased a Razr Maxx and should get it tomorrow. Currently, I'm on the unlimited Blackberry enterprise data plan because my company has a BES server. I purchased an iPhone about a month ago and when i switched, they still had me on a 49.99 unlimited data plan because they said that's the plan that supports ActiveSync. I wound up returning iPhone and now I'll give the Maxx a shot, but I'm assuming they'll still say that I need the 49.99 ActiveSync plan. However, all my co-workers who use Droid/iPhone are on the $30 unlimited data plan and their devices work with ActiveSync.

What I'm really trying to ask is, what really is the difference between these two plans? We've already proven that ActiveSync works with the $30 plan, but is there any other differences or is it just VZW trying to make more $

Thx

adauth

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited data is unlimited data. You shouldn't have to pay $50 when everyone else is paying $30. I would ask about that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased a Razr Maxx and should get it tomorrow. Currently, I'm on the unlimited Blackberry enterprise data plan because my company has a BES server. I purchased an iPhone about a month ago and when i switched, they still had me on a 49.99 unlimited data plan because they said that's the plan that supports ActiveSync. I wound up returning iPhone and now I'll give the Maxx a shot, but I'm assuming they'll still say that I need the 49.99 ActiveSync plan. However, all my co-workers who use Droid/iPhone are on the $30 unlimited data plan and their devices work with ActiveSync.

What I'm really trying to ask is, what really is the difference between these two plans? We've already proven that ActiveSync works with the $30 plan, but is there any other differences or is it just VZW trying to make more $

Thx

If you want Activy Sync then yes you have to pay the higher rate for data. This is nothing new for BB. As for other platforms I agree that you should be able to go down to the $29.99 plan. I agree call and talk to someone else.

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
All you need is a data plan to set up ActiveSync. You can use the $29.99 plan. I believe Verizon is OK with this as long as you primarily use your phone for personal use. It is true that they want you on the higher data plan for Enterprise use, but it is not required for ActiveSync like it is for BES.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024