ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Dude

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
same thing for me. just upgrade from 1.6.x to 1.8.2. my 1.6.x was getting slow, too.

question: what should I do if it get slow on 1.8.2 after awhile? what's the cause of this slowness? SD card fragmentation? swapping?

I am not 100% sure. But I did have my card partitioned with a swap area and ext4 apps partition. This time I went with straight FAT because I was having lots of mounting issues (which I had fixed before, but they came back even worse). I use App 2 SD as my cache cleaner because it gets more than any other cleaner I have used.

So far no issues and the phone is flying. All my apps that can be on my SD card are. Battery life seems better. I am pretty happy.

EDIT - Where did the Sprint apps go? i would like to get Sprint TV back if possible.

Last edited:

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
OK so I'm a noob. I just set up my GF's new optimus S following the instructions in multiple threads.

I went from V9>V9root>flashed xionia>LG Update tool>flash TR 1.8.2

I have done alot of reading so I apologize if I missed this...

I dont seem to have the widget for wifi tether.

I followed the directions in post #2 but "wifi tether" isnt on the list.

thanks in advance for your help.

~j

jsm0377

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Nascar App working on TR 1.8.2

I've been able to get the Nascar app on my phone, but whenever I try to use it I get an error message that it's only available for Sprint and Nextel customers. Any advice or is there a Sprint app fix in the works for TR?

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I'm probably going to get told off for this, but I need to ask.
I bought the LG Optimus GT540 yesterday from Vodafone Australia, is this ROM going to work for me?
:)

Thanks

Probably not its for the ls670. I would see if you can find information as to which optimus its closest too, s t v one and I think there are a few others and go from there. I dont know for sure what you're model is similar to.

buckeye_jeff

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been able to get the Nascar app on my phone, but whenever I try to use it I get an error message that it's only available for Sprint and Nextel customers. Any advice or is there a Sprint app fix in the works for TR?

I've been bringing the Sprint apps forward from V9 to VC to VD through my nandroid restore each time I've updated and they work just fine.

By any chance was your signal roaming when you tried the app? I know if I'm roaming it won't connect.

guzzler

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am on 1.8 with vc. I am having severe battery drains. By 4pm the phone goes completely dead with very little use. 15 mins of forum browsing and one or two 5 min calls.

Is there anything to analyze the drain? The about section shows 53% cell standby. Anything to do with the radio?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I am on 1.8 with vc. I am having severe battery drains. By 4pm the phone goes completely dead with very little use. 15 mins of forum browsing and one or two 5 min calls.

Is there anything to analyze the drain? The about section shows 53% cell standby. Anything to do with the radio?

If your on 1.8 then you should be VD not vc so update to vd then reflash tr1.8 :)

buckeye_jeff

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

Are you running a task killler or a program like Juice Defender? These programs seem to work against Android 2.2.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i'm assume the 1.8.XX roms are still OC'ed at 748.

How do I know i'm RUNNING THE VD RADIO IS A REQUIREMENT

It can be OC'D if you run zefie's xionia kernal. As for VD, go to menu/settings/about phone. And look at the SW version.

Sent by Tapatalk ----- Optimus s

Last edited:

matthearnow

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Any way for default icons?

Love the peformance but i miss the default green smiling messaging icon. Too used so i get lost when looking for the messaging app. any way to put the original back?

guzzler

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure if being on vc is the issue. I never use task killer like programs...... wonder whats causing it :(

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Rooted for the first time yesterday and installed this ROM. I'm impressed, great job guys! I passed along a donation in support!

Status
Not open for further replies.