Dialer/SMS contacts links breaking

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Every couple of days, my Dialer app and Messaging app will lose links to my contacts so all SMS messages appear as phone numbers only (no names/photos) and same happens in my Call History...phone numbers only. Calls come in as phone numbers only (no photo/name).

Contacts are all still there (all Google synced contacts). Contact app works fine.

I tried to force restart Dialer, Messaging and Contacts apps but that didn't help. Turned Google Contacts sync on/off...it shows it's syncing. Only way to fix problem is reboot.

Anyone know why this happens or how to fix w/o reboot?

This is on MM.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Every couple of days, my Dialer app and Messaging app will lose links to my contacts so all SMS messages appear as phone numbers only (no names/photos) and same happens in my Call History...phone numbers only. Calls come in as phone numbers only (no photo/name).

Contacts are all still there (all Google synced contacts). Contact app works fine.

I tried to force restart Dialer, Messaging and Contacts apps but that didn't help. Turned Google Contacts sync on/off...it shows it's syncing. Only way to fix problem is reboot.

Anyone know why this happens or how to fix w/o reboot?

This is on MM.

I have the exact same problem. I've tried countless solutions but nothing works. Reboot is only temporary. I believe this is a bug Moto needs to fix...

Posted via the Android Central App

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I also experienced this problem twice in past week. I've cleared it by removing + , - (dashes) and spaces today from my Google contact list phone nummbers. Not sure how long this fix will last but good for now.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I also experienced this problem twice in past week. I've cleared it by removing + , - (dashes) and spaces today from my Google contact list phone nummbers. Not sure how long this fix will last but good for now.

So you don't use dashes at all in phone numbers? Do you use parentheses for area codes (if you are in the US)? Or is it all numbers like 3609423265?

Also, what prompted you to do this? Did you read it as a solution to this problem? Any links to the source?

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
So you don't use dashes at all in phone numbers? Do you use parentheses for area codes (if you are in the US)? Or is it all numbers like 3609423265?

Also, what prompted you to do this? Did you read it as a solution to this problem? Any links to the source?

Last week I had to add + plus to all my Google contacts to have them display names. When my calls didn't display name I did an add number to contact which added+plus to their phone number. Today I removed plus, parenthesis, and spaces 12125551212. When I view phone contacts their number is listed as 1 212-555-1212. Hopefully it won't change again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disappointer