Did anyone get the lollipop update yet?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It just showed up on my watch but since the battery is low I haven't installed it yet.

I will install it later tonight when I get home, just wanted to see if anyone has first impressions or if there are issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
No, your phone does not have to be updated to lollipop, I have a Note 4. Quite a few changes, they were all outlined in early leaks. There was talk of new watch faces but as of now I don't see them on my watch.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
No, your phone does not have to be updated to lollipop, I have a Note 4. Quite a few changes, they were all outlined in early leaks. There was talk of new watch faces but as of now I don't see them on my watch.

There is a link to all the new watch faces that are in the Play Store on the android central article. You have to download them.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

dostalleos

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop works fine on my Moto360. But I'm not able to see Watch battery and storage stats in mobile Wear app. If I clicked on these buttons, nothing will happen. Anyone with the same problem? Or it works fine to you?

Coops025

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Motorola list of fixes for those who have not seen it yet.

Moto 360 Release Notes (December 2014)

INTRODUCTION

We are rolling out a new Android Wear software update for Moto 360 by Motorola. With this update we have added support for new features and fixed some issues to improve your experience. For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit motorola.com/mymoto360.

NOTE: You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.

ENHANCEMENTS

This Moto 360 software update is for all users. After installing the software update you will notice changes that include:

Third Party Watch Faces Choose from a variety of public watch faces available through the Google Play Store. Watch faces can be selected and configured through the Android Wear app on your phone or directly on your Moto 360. Developers can leverage application programming interfaces (APIs) to create a watch face and retrieve calendar and notification data.
Quick Settings Swiping down from the top brings new settings that include Theatre mode (display off), Sunlight mode (temporarily maximize brightness), managing interruptions, and easier access to deeper Settings. Interruptions choices made on your Moto 360 automatically change the Interruptions setting on your Lollipop-based phone.
User Interface Improvements Easily undo the accidental dismissal of notification cards, and dismiss individual cards within a bundle of multiple notifications.
Battery & Storage Stats The Android Wear application will now allow you to obtain more information about Moto 360 battery performance including a projection of time left and a breakdown of usage by applications. You can also see how much storage space remains - which is helpful when planning offline music.
Android™ 5.0, Lollipop Updates Android Wear to the latest platform for consistency across Android devices for both consumers and developers.
Bug Fixes A variety of system optimizations to improve performance and stability

INSTRUCTIONS

This software update will be rolled out in phases to Moto 360 users over the next few days. When you receive the update, you will receive a notification on your watch.
To successfully install the update, your watch must be connected to a phone which is in turn connected to the internet. Your watch’s battery level must also be greater than 80%.
If you have received a notification message for this update:

Select "Download".
After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".
After the software is installed, your Moto 360 will restart automatically.
Your watch is now updated with LWX48P

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Got it! So far so good!

HOW IS THEATER MODE? I've been waiting for this since day 1, I hate when I'm driving and the screen would come on or when I was in a dark lit theater and by the flick of my wrist it would light up. Can you still turn on the screen by touching it or pressing the button when it is in theater mode? This question is for anyone that has the update. Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
HOW IS THEATER MODE? I've been waiting for this since day 1, I hate when I'm driving and the screen would come on or when I was in a dark lit theater and by the flick of my wrist it would light up. Can you still turn on the screen by touching it or pressing the button when it is in theater mode? This question is for anyone that has the update. Thanks in advance

When theater mode is on, you have to press the side button to turn on the screen.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
When theater mode is on, you have to press the side button to turn on the screen.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

Thanks, another question I had was is there anyway you can have it like that and still receive notifications? Or does it have to be on mute in theater mode?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, another question I had was is there anyway you can have it like that and still receive notifications? Or does it have to be on mute in theater mode?

When I turn theater mode on, the mute function does not show that it's muted (the little bell with a line through it) so I'm assuming that notifications still come through but the screen does not light up. It probably just vibrates without turning the screen on.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Neat!

So how does undoing a card dismissal work? I can't wait for that feature... I have done that so many times by accident.

After you dismiss it with a swipe, you can swipe the other way and and an undo icon comes up for about 5 seconds you tap on it in the card comes back.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam