Did Jelly Bean update fix the microphone cutout problem?

bridger2001

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if anyone who was afflicted by the dreaded Microphone Cutout Problem knows if the Jelly Bean update has fixed this.

Before i get jumped, I realize that the JB update was an OS update and was not intended for this. However, it may have been included in Verizon's version.

I'm on a beautiful Blue 32 SIII and love it, but have kept my Nexus because it still like it. I'm back using it this week to duty cycle the calls and see if it is fixed.

Anybody know if the mic is fixed?

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I have not had the mic drop out issue since I started using BuglessBeast. I was getting it a lot before I went to JellyBean but have not had it fail once since.

dugsurf

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Jellybean did not fix mic cutout issues for me. I like the device, but am always nervous about getting cut off during a call. I can hear them, but they can't hear me. One thing Jellybean did bring is extremely quick battery drain. That alone makes my Nexus much less reliable than with ICS.

billr

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
JB did not fix the cutout for me, either. It just happened to the other day when I was on a call. I was hopefully, but alas it was not to be. It seems like the only thing that fixes the problem is a different device. I've been reluctant to trade in my GNex for another one in case I end up with something worse or have to go through 3 or 4 handsets to find a good one.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I flashed CM10 a few weeks ago, and I've not had any mic cutouts since then (used to have them all the time). However, I don't think being on JB is what made the difference.

I've had my mobile network mode set to "CDMA only" forever, because I'm in a rural area that didn't have 3G coverage. When I wiped the phone to install CM10, my network mode got reset to LTE/CDMA, and I suddenly had 4 glorious bars of 4G service. Turns out VZE lit up 4G for my area in the week prior to my flashing CM10! Anyway - since they did that, I'm connecting to a tower much closer to my home, and I don't get the mic cutouts anymore.

So, for me anyway, I think the mic cutout issue was more about network signal than anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurenceNichols