Did LG accidentally load 3.1 on this trash???

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I freakin luv this phone! It's so big and bright I don't wanna put it down. Yea the battery life lacks compared to g2. It's the same battery as g2 but removable. But 5.5 inch super BA Barakas screen.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Art, not on by default. If yours was then you bought a model that had been tampered with.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I promised to never go with Apple and have never used their products..However, I am tired of buying inferior products just because..I just might make that dive for the Apple.

You shouldn't use ART. It has been proven to cause many issues at the moment. I'd stay off it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI everyone .. He isn't on Verizon. He said he is on T-Mobile and even said he used his jump upgrade which is T-Mobile.

Tim Weatherby

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Ok truthteller10. No disrespect here just an observer. I am G3 on T-Mobile to. Just got it last Wednesday. Experiencing no issues. Everything tou you purchase has defects these days. Take it back. Write down 5 reasons why you are having issues. Go to store and say want a new one. Be polite and professional. You will get want you need.

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
OK not trying to troll or be dumb, but with the head phone problem did you push it in all the way? Cause when I first got the phone I plugged in a pair of headphones like I would on any other phone and it still came out the main speaker I found I had to push it in I little more till it clicked then it worked. Sorry your having issues.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey thanks to you all for replying..I don't know how it happened but when I changed the phone to the proper settings everything seems normal. There are still some slight stutters but not close to before.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad we were able to resolve this without any further insults getting tossed around.

To those falling under the above mentioned, next time please report the situation and move along.

Thanks.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would still go with the factory reset. especially if you found ART had been enabled and what else could have been changed in developers mode. Just reset it and treat it as a new experience once it restarts.

Hey thanks to you all for replying..I don't know how it happened but when I changed the phone to the proper settings everything seems normal. There are still some slight stutters but not close to before.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I promised to never go with Apple and have never used their products..However, I am tired of buying inferior products just because..I just might make that dive for the Apple.

I gave my stepdad my N3 and got me a 5s for my son....but I used it for a few weeks. Lemme tell ya.....don't do it.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
OK not trying to troll or be dumb, but with the head phone problem did you push it in all the way? Cause when I first got the phone I plugged in a pair of headphones like I would on any other phone and it still came out the main speaker I found I had to push it in I little more till it clicked then it worked. Sorry your having issues.

I had the same problem. When you plug in a set of HP's, it stops as if it's in all the way...but push it just a tad harder till that "click" and it works like a charm.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just kidding. ART stands for android run time. More info is here:
AnandTech | A Closer Look at Android RunTime (ART) in Android L
However, be aware that ART is still in beta and can and will be subject to bugs, malfunctions, etcetera. It won't be enabled by default. Or shouldn't.

I hear they're already coming out with a revamped version called Fundamental Android Run Time which is supposed to be CLOUD based and can penetrate multiple carrier fabric layers for permeating across a wide spectrum of broadband sniffers. I heard that it was so ground breaking that when the developers came up with they literally cleared out the room. I understand it's also supposed to have a biometric function that lets you activate it with the pull of a finger....

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Davlink is the default. If you had developer options available out of the box and ART as your runtime you dodllid not get a brand new phone. Someone had messed with it.

I have my animations at .5x and evertlything runs great. I also disabled some apps like lookout antivirus.

Only problem I've yet to seeand confirm is the compass being off a bit. Since it looks to be an issue that others have noticed, I beleive it will be quickly addressed in an update.

Absolutely no other issues here. In fact this phone is amazing.

Posted via my LG G3

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I hear they're already coming out with a revamped version called Fundamental Android Run Time which is supposed to be CLOUD based and can penetrate multiple carrier fabric layers for permeating across a wide spectrum of broadband sniffers. I heard that it was so ground breaking that when the developers came up with they literally cleared out the room. I understand it's also supposed to have a biometric function that lets you activate it with the pull of a finger....

Fine work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I gave my stepdad my N3 and got me a 5s for my son....but I used it for a few weeks. Lemme tell ya.....don't do it.

A few weeks? I wouldn't of been able to last that long! :p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001